got my fog lights today...

moenia87honda

5+ Year Member
i got my fog lights today.. in the morning.. and i was looking that the switch doesnt fit where is supposed to go.. so anybody got fog lights on a civic lx 99-00 and how did they got the switch.. i want to see a pic of how they got them ...

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take a picture and post it.

moenia87honda

5+ Year Member
well i can put in the switch in but it will be like not a fiting size it would be like lose or open.. so its small i need it the right size.. ill post the picture tommorrow.. did your swtich fit.. dtgrowl? or what you do?

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my switch and all my wiring are OEM. Where did you get your fog lights?

moenia87honda

5+ Year Member
i got them on slickcar.com and i even called and they told me that they are oem fog lights and they were gonna be ok on my car.. and its for a honda civic.. so i was like ok..

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the fog lights slickcar.com has on their website are not OEM. They wouldn't be able to afford to sell them at 70 dollars a pair. I'd suggest you do one of two things... post pics so I and/or someone else can try to lead you in the right direction... or return the ones you got and buy an OEM pair off of sk8shorty017

just search his name on here and PM him :thumbs up

he has a set on ebay right now

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a picture of the bezels will help determine if you even got the right fog lights, and a picture of the wiring will help determine if the wiring is the same as OEM specs.

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well theyre not oem... but post a pic of the wiring too. with the connectors laid out if possible.

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there are many ways to tell theyre not oem:

BLACK is not an oem interior color code therefore the switch wouldnt be black. it would be either light or dark grey. the oem wiring only consists of two parts... the fog light harness and switch harness. no red connector piece. and i believe oem units only come with clear lenses. also, the connectors for the fog lights are different i think. you could install that kit on your car. Im 90 percent sure you have a kit that the fog light harness will connect to your battery and from there include a fuse and relay, then two fog light connections, a ground, and connection for that small red wire.

The red wire will then go through the engine bay, through the firewall, and connect to the switch harness. the switch harness will connect somewhere on the fuse panel, to a ground, and to the switch itself.

I have not seen installation instructions for this kit.

but again, the only part of the installation that should be different is the wiring... which happens to be(IMO) the easiest part.

The BEST thing to do would be return that kit and get one that is OEM from a reliable source. you spent 70 + shipping for this kit... right? well you can get an OEM one (better quality and easier installation) for probably 130 + shipping. It's all about whether you want the genuine product or not. If it all just sounds too confusing... keep the kit and have it professionally installed and call it a day. However, if you plan on doing other mods to your car... there are much harder things than this to do. Just a forewarning.

moenia87honda

5+ Year Member
ok thanks.. well im gonna still ask my friend that installs stuff to cars.. so lets see what happens.. thanks anyways..

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd personally return em, anything other than oem is just going to be more money in the long run. aside from the switch that loosely fits, the switches will break makin it so ya have to tie some string around it to keep em on, the hardware rusts real fast, and they have a nice seal problem allowing moisture to get on the inside rusting up the connections and they will blow out constantly. I've noticed this on an old set I had and 2 of my friends sets... just a heads up.