Got the car back... Again (more pictures)

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could only imagine the look on his face, what generation was it? And I know what you mean about hours getting cut back. My Camaro has just been sitting because my hours got so much that I JUST have enough money to pay my bills. Cant get s**t done on it. Since day one you have inspired me to do wonders with it though.
It was a C5. He had pod gauges, so i was thinking it was going to be a good race. One looked like an a/f gauge. Didn't hear any blower whine though. He might have been nitrous, but i know he didn't spray. Race would have been much closer if he had.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn man. Can't wait for some vids of this beast in action

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:laugh:

Raced a corvette on my way home from picking it up. Surprised the s**t out of the guy. The look on his face after the run was hilarious. He didn't have a clue :laugh:

Just before that i had a mustang rev on me as he turned into a parking lot. Pissed me off. Why the hell would you rev on someone as you turn into a parking lot? What a b***h.

Not anytime soon. The most i plan on doing is 03 cobra mirrors and side skirts (very subtle change) and some wheels. Exterior mods have been pushed back. Hours have been cut back a bit at work, so the money i had budgeted for a paint job/wheels has disappeared.
all u need is wheels and some stance...
looks good

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've always loved your mustang, zinc. That engine bay still makes me all giddy. lol

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick update:

Picking the car up tomorrow from getting the rear end work done. Tune is tentatively scheduled for tuesday the following week and a trip to the track that saturday, as long as things go as planned and i pick up a helmet and fire jacket.

If anyone knows a good place to get a helmet and fire jacket in phoenix let me know. I haven't a clue.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This s**t is pissing me off I just want to know what numbers youre putting down.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This s**t is pissing me off I just want to know what numbers youre putting down.

How do you think i feel? I went through some receipts from the suspension install (which started this build). They were from January of Last Year. I'm f**king ready for this to be done with.

And to top it off there's some drama with the tuners. (starting a thread here in a second)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh my... What lovely goodies you have there *flutters eyes*

Looking good Zinc!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

How do you think i feel? I went through some receipts from the suspension install (which started this build). They were from January of Last Year. I'm f**king ready for this to be done with.

And to top it off there's some drama with the tuners. (starting a thread here in a second)
I dont give a s**t how you feel, I want to know means I want to know and dont care about you :lol:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any updates? did you end up calling any of the tuners back?
Yes, a couple of times. They keep pushing things back and making up excuses. Now they're saying that parts didn't come in until Friday, but when i had called on wednesday they said the parts had just shown up. So the rear end work is supposed to be done tomorrow or thursday.

The tune is now supposedly scheduled for thursday as well.

After this i'll never spend another dime at that shop. I'll never recommend them to anyone and i'll definitely let people know of my experience with them if their name comes up.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And thats exactly how i would handle it as well, goodluck on the tune and let us know how it goes after that.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. thats nice. I was gonna mention of debadging the GT emblems to make it look like your just a based v6 model but your hood has GT on it hahaha.

better stance with cobra rims....now that would be bangin!

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. thats nice. I was gonna mention of debadging the GT emblems to make it look like your just a based v6 model but your hood has GT on it hahaha.

better stance with cobra rims....now that would be bangin!
:cool:

You'd notice it was a V8 right away. The exhaust, while not incredibly loud, is decent and with the cam it has a very small lope. It'd be hard to mistake it for a V6.

Still not sure what i'm going to do about the wheels. Loving the stock look, but some CCW's would look damn good. The extra width in the rear would be nice as well.

Picture of CCW 505A's on an 03 Cobra