Governed?????

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so i have a 89 civic hatch std and im wondering if its governed. Ive maxed it several times and it held 90 at 4k rpms everytime. It was manufactured in canada an from wat ive heard there governed if made in canada and not if made in japan. If it is, how do i remove this???? Do i need a new computer or wat?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would you need a new computer?

it has 95hp... why do you need to go faster?

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you got an STD be happy it runs...
you dont got an SiR chill...
im not complaining im just wondering cause at 90 it feels like it has more to give but it holds it so i was just asking

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not complaining im just wondering cause at 90 it feels like it has more to give but it holds it so i was just asking
Nah, it's pretty much topped out. I've had mine to 115 going downhill. But I don't recommend speeding anywhere but on the track.

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
ive dipped mine into 1xx but not too far. i wouldn't think a car of this time would be governed.

EF..ur mom

5+ Year Member
if it were governed when you hit that magic number it would seem like a rev limiter

it would just go waaa.....waaa.....waaa

in other words you would know for sure if it did

i have a stnd too stock it wont do much more than that

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh ok thanks guys, oh btw hit 105 on the interstate tonight so guess not lol

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are your rpms at when you are at these numbers?

if you have a STD... this means you only have 4 gears. not much you can do with a 4 speed in terms of speed... im surprised you got to 90

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what are your rpms at when you are at these numbers?

if you have a STD... this means you only have 4 gears. not much you can do with a 4 speed in terms of speed... im surprised you got to 90
well at 90 i was doin about 4k but at 105 i was pushing 5k so still not to the limiter but then again my car is in extremely good shape and it only has 70k miles so its not to worn out

1999EJ8

5+ Year Member
70k miles? and your running the s**t out of it? oh god....dont speed like an idiot. its just a honda.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well at 90 i was doin about 4k but at 105 i was pushing 5k so still not to the limiter but then again my car is in extremely good shape and it only has 70k miles so its not to worn out
well, if you're driving that thing at 90+ mph then it will not be in good shape soon and it will be worn out.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, if you're driving that thing at 90+ mph then it will not be in good shape soon and it will be worn out.
nahh i dont really speed just 5 over usually, just last night i was gunna miss my curfew so i had to hall some ass lol i take good care of my baby

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You don't have a governor, you just don't have the power to go any faster. It's drag just like Scrpn17w said.