Grand Theft Auto 4

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Better how?

LCD looks better, last longer
plasma is cheaper
That's pretty far off the mark.

Plasma screens tend to show blacks and other dark colors better making them look better during darker movie scenes. They also tend to have a better viewing angle than LCD tv's, and when comparing lower end models LCD's have a tedency to blur quick moving images, although this isn't much of an issue in most newer tv's.

LCD on the other hand usually have a higher native resolution (more pixels on the screen), don't suffer from screen burn-in like older plasmas did (although this is once again being fixed in newer units), consume less power and often have a longer life span.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's all a matter of opinion, i'm sure there are facts but I've never seen a plasma look as good as a sharp aquos LCD. Comparing price, a mid level lcd will run you what a higher end lcd runs generally speaking.

Back OT

I just did all 10 most wanted missions and didn't get an achievement WTF!

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i ended up gettin a 32in Emerson LCD, didnt see it online but saw at the store
the RCA wasnt Widescreen
the plasma had some glare issues

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure if all plasmas are like this, but everyone I've seen have horrible glare issues... but most LCDs I've seen have almost none. I could watch mine at a 45 degree angle from the window and there's no glare in the least.

Is that 720P Emerson it's like the LC32 something or other? Where'd you buy it from? ... and the RCA isn't widescreen? Maybe it's not the same as mine then.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats what i noticed when i was lookin through them
my lcd comp screen, no glare
lcd ftw

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly. f**k plasmas :lol:

COD looks x1000 better in HD huh?

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont have the HD cables for the xbox so right now it looks the same just bigger
i went from a 19in to a 32in

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Grand Theft Auto 4.........

have had it for a while now and haven't played it once :lol: COD4 owns! :x

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly. f**k plasmas :lol:

COD looks x1000 better in HD huh?
Id have to say yes. I went from a 32inch tube tv to a 42inch HD LCD. Now i play in 1080p!:shock:

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont have the HD cables for the xbox so right now it looks the same just bigger
i went from a 19in to a 32in
You mean you don't have HDMI or HD component cables? The comp. cables should've came with your xbox it's the green blue and orange colors I think? You really don't need the HDMI cable, it lets you play in 1080p but, meh, I play in 1080i and can't tell a diff between it.