Grand Theft Auto 4

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
for the price of xbox360 you can buy a ps2 and alot of games..
:what: what are you tring to prove? lol

i cant wait for tekken 6...ooooooo.. its gona be shiiiiiiiiet
thats because a ps2 is not worth anything same with the ps3

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GTA4 will also be on the 360 if i heard correctly. Too bad it doesnt come out untill Oct. 16th.
Im confused, both games on my works computer says they release april 28th. for both ps3 and xbox360 at the same time. What game are you talking about thats releasing oct 16th?

honestly i cant tell a difference
Well the bluray dvd + hd tv is about 50x's better then a standard dvd. Even if you have the upconverting dvd players being released, theres still plenty of ghosting especially on bigger tvs. If your playing dvds on a normal old tube tv, sdtv then your gonna get a slight haze with the picture you are watching.

IMO if you cant tell the difference between HDDVD/Bluray dvds on a HDTV compared to a standard TV, idk what to say honestly. i own a 360elite and a ps3, i love both systems. Only own a ps3 for bluray though :lol: But if you have time run to best buy go look at the regular tvs showing the same thing as a bluray dvd player or something in Hi-def i find it hard to believe you cant tell the difference. My baby sister who is 9 blurted out my tv/movies are alot more clear then the tv/movies she watches in the living room.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they only thing that makes a difference that ive noticed is lcd vs. regular tv

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im confused, both games on my works computer says they release april 28th. for both ps3 and xbox360 at the same time. What game are you talking about thats releasing oct 16th?
This thread is herra old....that was the original release date. But most stores are releasing them the midnight of the 28th/29th

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the price of xbox360 you can buy a ps2 and alot of games..
:what: what are you tring to prove? lol

i cant wait for tekken 6...ooooooo.. its gona be shiiiiiiiiet
FANBOY ALERT!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol.

That reminds me...I'll be buying Soul Calibur for PS3 :drool:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha...then you don't have an HD tv....cause you're crazy.

It's night and day.
:word:

BR is ftmfw x93868932.

the only game the 360 has that isn't being ported that i'm interested in is mass effect. i loved that game. but, it looks like they're losing their exclusivity on that series, so... woot for that. :lol:

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wonder if the game stop is doing a midnight release. I work monday night, maybe i can pick it up after work. hmmm.

Also i dont have an HDtv. The only one ive watched so far has been my moms. It was ok, i guess. I couldnt tell much difference. But ive also never watched either Hd or blu-ray dvd.s either.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ Pretty sure most of them are. The one I preordered from is a smaller one ( did it on purpose, shorter lines ftw! ) and they have enough preorders to justify a midnight release.

All these people that say they "think" they've seen true HD....I'm sorry but I just can't believe it. Maybe it was a plasma or lcd screen, but was it set up to view HD channels or movies? i.e. HDMI cables, hd cable box, etc?

I mean, I will literally watch the stupidest shows on tv, JUST because it's in HD.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word:

BR is ftmfw x93868932.

the only game the 360 has that isn't being ported that i'm interested in is mass effect. i loved that game. but, it looks like they're losing their exclusivity on that series, so... woot for that. :lol:
trust me, they're not. Microsoft has the deal with them on it, if they do loose the exclusivity it won't be for a few years, like gta was for xbox. Who cares if EA owns the company that developed it now, doesn't mean they will loose the contract with the developer.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jezek... sorry, can't remember your name, lol.

are you getting it on ps3 or 360?

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ Pretty sure most of them are. The one I preordered from is a smaller one ( did it on purpose, shorter lines ftw! ) and they have enough preorders to justify a midnight release.

All these people that say they "think" they've seen true HD....I'm sorry but I just can't believe it. Maybe it was a plasma or lcd screen, but was it set up to view HD channels or movies? i.e. HDMI cables, hd cable box, etc?

I mean, I will literally watch the stupidest shows on tv, JUST because it's in HD.
Yeah, I've been rewatching old episodes of Lost and Dexter so I can see it HD. We just need better selection of HD channels up here. My provider only has about 5 or 6 and they're all timeshift.... definitely not worth dropping the 350 for a HD convertor box. I really just d/l all my HD s**t.

So Jezek can you tell a huge difference with the HDMI cables as opposed to the HD composite cables? because it's only 1080i and 1080p, right?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jezek... sorry, can't remember your name, lol.

are you getting it on ps3 or 360?
It's cool ( Michael )

I'm actually getting it for the 360.

Reasons:

- Didn't have PS3 when I paid for it in full

- DLC

- More friends have 360 to play online

Although it will be wierd not playing it on Playstation...

DirtyD said:
So Jezek can you tell a huge difference with the HDMI cables as opposed to the HD composite cables? because it's only 1080i and 1080p, right?
Honestly...not really. SLIGHTLY sharper. Before I did the switch, I tested them on my cable box. One channel on Component, one channel on HDMI. both looked so similar, if I didn' tell you which was which you'd never notice.

BTW, I am running a 50" Vizio Plasma in 720p/1080i.

DX raceR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got my gta 4 all playied off.. now just waitin for april 29 midnight... and ill be BALLLLIN.. for 360

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn i went to go preorder the special edition again and they said they were out
i wish i would have never moved that money over to another game, but they just kept pushin the date back

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
trust me, they're not. Microsoft has the deal with them on it, if they do loose the exclusivity it won't be for a few years, like gta was for xbox. Who cares if EA owns the company that developed it now, doesn't mean they will loose the contract with the developer.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/859/859623p1.html

:what: i'm willing to get a 360 just for this game because i loved it so much, but it would be rad if they ported it to the ps3. guessing not, but it still looks like EA wants to expand the audience.

i'd be willing to bet that it's be like oblivion if ported, and that'd be nice. shorter loading times. sometimes they were just f**king ridicluous.