***GREAT LAKES General Discussion Thread***

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe 75% sold, we'll see I change my mind weekly but this week yes I rike em arrot!
do you happen to know your stock spring rate?

if you had the option to make your oem spring rate higher, by how much would you multiply that by?

eg. oem spring rate 100. we want something two times higher/ so we would upgrade to a 200.

eg. oem = 100, looking for something three times higher/ = a 300 spring

units are standard. lbs/in

----------------

also, do you know or anyone how Mazda or any manufactures decides the spring rate? for any car. economical to super.

i was messing around with numbers the other day trying to to determine where those specific numbers come from.

i don't know the answer, but i gave it some good guessing. i was taking the total weight of the car and dividing by four corners and using that number as the rate. my equation doesn't make sense when trying to determine where the stock spring rate number comes from. actually my equation is totally wrong.. i think i can get closer to the number if instead of taking the total weight divided by four... weight each corner of indepently and work with that number instead.

imo, this when having a weight ratio of 50/50 helps make decision making alot esier.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
do you happen to know your stock spring rate?

if you had the option to make your oem spring rate higher, by how much would you multiply that by?

eg. oem spring rate 100. we want something two times higher/ so we would upgrade to a 200.

eg. oem = 100, looking for something three times higher/ = a 300 spring

units are standard.

----------------

also, do you know or anyone how Mazda or any manufactures decides the spring rate? for any car. economical to super.

i was messing around with numbers the other day trying to to determine where those specific numbers come from.

i don't know the answer, but i gave it some good guessing. i was taking the total weight of the car and dividing by four corners and using that number as the rate. my equation doesn't make sense when trying to determine where the stock spring rate number comes from. actually my equation is totally wrong.. i think i can get closer to the number if instead of taking the total weight divided by four... weight each corner of indepently and work with that number instead.

imo, this when having a weight ratio of 50/50 helps make decision making alot esier.
you confused me over 13 times right there

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol: we can both learn together

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Berto,

PM me, i'll fix it for you.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
man i can't believe it's raining again this day is sleepy day lol

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dumb vid but kinda funny to see
[YOUTUBE="miata"]s-k38yMWkNk[/YOUTUBE]

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow that car is really low and poor guy lol now that officer is thorough

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha funny how he has to kneel to the guy to talk to him haha

Collateral98

ChicagoClubCivic
5+ Year Member
haha that car is ridicilous. haha if that was a girl she couldve gave thed cop a bj without even gettin outta the car. defiantly wouldve gotten away without a ticket then bahaha.'

p.s. f**k this rain

wheres that bluff road at?

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here was my view of that "almost" roll at the rallyX last Saturday.....

Me driving that same corner............

Scary s**t!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah your driving too slow tony you need to get some advices from that girl then

hooked_on4

RegularFlush