Greatest thing i have eve read:An indepth look at horrible ideas: stock wheel whoring

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ha, I agree and disagree. OEM alloy wheels are a nice upgrade from stock steel wheels, I don't really see how you can argue against that. They are also a nice option if you want to stay with an affordable tire size and they don't look stupid if you're still at stock ride height. They definitely have their place so I won't knock OEM wheels but I agree they aren't anything to get excited about either. I hate when people paint them, they never look good. I've seen lots of them, bronze, black, white… they look like s**t 100% of the time. I'm surprised nothing was said about HX rims or "Sunflowers," lol.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i was also looking for the hx's in that lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Phhhh eff alloy wheels. Steelies baby!

:lol:

(winter only)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^Right?

I giggled at this thread.

EDIT: I'm agreeing with emerican, not the steelies.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i see having a set of oem wheels as ok, but when you start collecting a few sets or bragging about your si's or your collectoin. you are doing it wrong.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i see having a set of oem wheels as ok, but when you start collecting a few sets or bragging about your si's or your collectoin. you are doing it wrong.

I feel you man. Any wheel enthusiast is going to be proud of whatever wheel it is that they want to be proud about, na mean? whether it is an Oem Honda Wheel (which are some times made by companies like Enkei) or an after market wheel like Enkei. People have all sorts of fetishes. "Whoring" is like a fetish.
There is a market for everything man
There is a market for pet psychologists nigga. There is a market for twisted
sh*t-fetish video's. For nipple rings, for riverdancing, for chocolate covered roaches..
Lets not get carried away with what people decide to collect. Do you (not sickcivic, but You, as in the general public) find it annoying? Now adays, what DON'T you find annoying. I find these VIP badges annoying. But to go as far as to create a thread where you talk about what others are doing with their free time... really? come on, Really? is our head really up our jdm-ego ass?

BUt hold up...... These are the same people as YOU! People who love Hondas, people who work on HOndas, people who drop blood, money, and tears on Hondas. Why are we outcasting them or talking bad about them..... Oh, i know why Because they do something a little different? lol Keep this attitute up and the Honda cummunity with NEVER be like the Subaru community. This is why We have bad reputation, Because we're in a Civil War between those who think this is cool and those who think that is cool.

There’s also a trend that I’ve seen develop over the years where people who don’t have wheels but want to be cool guys and attempt to be wheel whores. How do you not own aftermarket wheels and become a supposed “wheel whore”? You amass a collection of OEM wheels. These people go out and collect or trade OEM wheels to attempt to “whore”. Only one word can describe this trend………….Stupid.
The word or term "wheel whore" is just as made-up as "Sunflower, Ls Mesh, Fat fives, Baby Type Rs, Skinny 5, New generation Hx wheel, Si, Ek4," ect...

Whoever wrote that comment,.. sounds to me like he or she wants to dictate what the term Wheel Whore means. He or she doesn't have the exact definition for that term because it was made up, itsslang. It simply means someone who likes wheels. That's it. nothing else. there's no specifics to it. Someone who loves the sh*t out of wheels. So what this comment is telling me is that, for me to be a "wheel whore", i must have a collection of expensive and more then likely Imported wheels? But if my collection consist of Oem wheels, I'm now where near being considered a " wheel whore".

I like Wheels, all types. I am just standing up for those who are into Oem wheels.

Tunnel Vision.

Last edited:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's ok man. not many people understand the things i say.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt even look for the second comment you responded too, but i looked for the first one and i dont see it

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Having more than 2 sets of wheels for 1 car is kind of stupid regardless of what they are.

If you apply the theory in the OP to other things, I guess it's stupid to have CTR seats and everyone should by aftermarket racing seats…

Last edited:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Having more than 2 sets of wheels for 1 car is kind of stupid regardless of what they are.

If you apply the theory in the OP to other things, I guess it's stupid to have CTR seats and everyone should by aftermarket racing seats…
difference between rare expensive parts vs. wheels you can find in a parking lot at walmart.

and i didnt write this, just posted it. it was funny

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just rock a steelie on the front left, an Si(ie) on the front right, a fat fivie on the rear right, and a stripped meshie on the left rear...It's just an EM1(ie)...

Last edited:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I currently have 3 sets of OEM alloy wheels.
I just like the looks of them and they're affordable.
I don't brag about them nor do I call them by their cool Honda fanboi name (which I hate when they give them the "cute" names :roll: )
As for expensive aftermarket wheels, they're nice, but I'm not gonna be some JDM jock rider and pay more for wheels and tires than I paid for the car to begin with, I also have other things that have a higher priority then wheels.

Just my POV.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a funny post but a flawed argument. Opinions are like assholes…

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
Summer wheels and Winter wheels man. In warmer climates its not a problem, you can rock one set a wheels all year long. But when Winter hits, the city decides that all the cars on the streets don't have enough rust on them so they have military bombers fly over and drop bombs filled with salt and rocks all in the name of "safe winter driving" Hence, Steelies in the winter, Alloys in the summer.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I want s set of honda fit wheels for the winter. I'll ride my aftermarket in the summer

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk