• Vortech

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bottom line i'm NOT gonna piece together my own kit for boost and i don't care about spending the extra $$$ on a kit (i like knowing that i'm gonna have everything all at once) well anyhow w/ that outta the way i've been looking into the two kits mentioned in the title and they both put down about the same #'s BUT the S/C has the cooler option that adds like 30-40 hp i'm kinda torn between the two, my questions are pretty simple

#1: which is easier to install??
#2: what additional parts would be needed for the s/c (i.e. fuel, timing)

sure i like the instant torque of the s/c but i also like the delay on the turbo (easier to launch) ??
which would you do and why??

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with the greddy

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd go with the SC because I love the sound. As for tuning I'm pretty sure it would be the same as with a turbo.

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm thinking the same thing... i'd prefer the vortech with cooler, especially as they have a SQ (super quiet) compressor for stealth.

If going the turbo route, for 250whp you should build the internals, but vortech claim 280whp on stock engine... Don't supercharged engines require building? (I guess supercharger makes more power with less boost? or something like that?)

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lonewolf said:
I'm thinking the same thing... i'd prefer the vortech with cooler, especially as they have a SQ (super quiet) compressor for stealth.

If going the turbo route, for 250whp you should build the internals, but vortech claim 280whp on stock engine... Don't supercharged engines require building? (I guess supercharger makes more power with less boost? or something like that?)
yea i saw that myself, but its one of those things that seems a lil too good to be true ya know,

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with the greddy kit. but again its all up to u and what u want

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go s/c. it would be nice to see a s/c civic for once + the whinning sound of the s/c is awesome

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vortech is an absolute piece of garbage, and horribly overpriced. go greddy.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only thing the Centrifugal Supercharger has going for it is excellent adiabatic efficiency but thats it. The high parsitic loss, tiny powerband, and lousy throttle response with tons of lag until high rpms make it a poor choice.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
vortech is an absolute piece of garbage, and horribly overpriced. go greddy.
yea the thing is WAY overpriced 4k for the kit w/ the cooler :shock: i'm gonna go w/ greddy