greddy or skunk2?

jamesd_21

5+ Year Member
not sure if skunk2 makes one for my car but anyways, which brand makes the best muffler for my car?

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Matter of opinion and taste, both are top notch products I have a greddy exhaust and I am pleased with it. Some one correct me if I am wrong but I think the skunk is louder.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
King Bob is right. they both are good exhaust systems. greddy is quiter then the skunk2. but dont think skunk2 sound ricey cuz it sounds bad ass. my friend has it on his 01 accord and it sounds great.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a skunk2... and you don't have to worry about it being too loud.

Like the two people above mentioned.. it's all preference. I personally like the sound of Skunk2 better... but the GReddy sounds great too.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that would be like picking either Carmen Electra or Heidi Klum, both hot as hell but each one has its perks, where the greddy is quiter , and the skunk2 is a lil louder, both sound good and either is a good choice, keep us posted

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ Carmen Electra > Heidi Klum

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
^^ Carmen Electra > Heidi Klum
haha...very good choice. once i stick it in her...its never comin out. :lol:

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just a muffler. Go with the evo 2 muffler. Good sound. Any HKS muffler sounds good. Full exhaust I would go with greddy. If you want to be noticed and have that nice looking noticalble tip go skun2. I prefer the greddy but the muffler shape ont he evo2 is weird! I love mine though.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greddy evo mufflers are huge. if you lower your car or is already lowered you gonna scrape the canister.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the only thing i dont like. I fitted my rear lip and with the enxtended hangers I realized i'd have to mount the lip higher and "modify" the bumper, or i'd have to let it scrape!!!. I'm thinking about having a go at the lip with my dremmel and sander to make the hole larger so it'll fit. The sp2 would be ncie right now. I think I miight get a differnet exhaust over thr stianless steell evo 2. I have the old one.

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the greddy evo tt its good for both a n/a car and turbo car plus it sounds great... it has a deep hmmm

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i havnt heard to many Skunk2's but i love the greddy Evo's? i hada 97 coupe with that exhuast and it wasnt loud at all it had a nice deep tone tho, my new exhuast is an Apexi N1 tip on a 2 .5 pipe. sounds nice but my damn cats to bigg i liked it better when i was runnin open header for today sounded so good . yea i just had this one re welded up, last time this exhuast was on i broke a cat in half.. ill take some pics of it..

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just a got a dc sports cat back and it sounds real nice.. not too loud.. but if ur just gunna go for a muffler get the evo

jamesd_21

5+ Year Member
dzxkrg426 said:
i just a got a dc sports cat back and it sounds real nice.. not too loud.. but if ur just gunna go for a muffler get the evo
how much did u pay for it?