300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

Has anyone ran the greddy kit with
Turbo TD04H-19T
Cast Manifold w/ E-Manage
310cc Injectors

I have seen this kit for about 2k and includes everything i am pretty sure to just bolt it up? Would this be a good kit?

Thanks,
Dereck

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
for 2k you could piece together a better kit...I have a TD04HL turbo (off an auto dsm) that I'll be using on my setup. I'd ditch the e-manage and look for something with more options. That doesnt come with ic/piping right?

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The kit includes everything but an intercooler. E-manage is junk, when I got my greddy kit I sold it before I installed and got an AEM system. Now that I've had my kit for a few years its starting to let me down. The turbo isn't nearly as good as it was new.

I'd recommend going the route of building your own system with a garrett turbo.

illusive

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Greddy turbo kits are junk IMO. If your aiming for any descent numbers the TD04 will end up being to small. Also kit does not include intercooler, blow-off valve,boost gauge, injectors or fuel pump which all is highly recommended / necessary when boosting a honda. DO NOT CUT CORNERS!!! Greddy Emange is not the greatest engine management either. I would run Crome or Hondata.

As stated these days you can buy a fairly cheap complete kit or piece one together for what you would finish up this kit for.

BTW this comes from experience I ran a greddy kit almost 5 years ago on my D15b7 EG

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What about go auto works turbo kit?
forget turbo kits. they are not as good as if you piece together your own. I had a 18g greddy kit and yeah, it was ok for me at first cuz I was a newb, but after I wanted to do more with it, I couldn't. Like someone already said, get your self a garret turbo and all the other pieces. Or, get a turbonetics turbo (my favorite)

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have been thinking piecing together only thing is what down pipe To get for what turbo? Manifold to make everything bolt up how to make sure what DP im getting is going to bolt up? What garret turbo to run? Questions like this?

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, you got to put all of this into consideration: do you want to keep ac/ps? Do you want a quick spool or a high hp gain? Are you planning on building the internals down the road?

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Internals planned to be built couple months after boosting. Looking good spool but also good HP Gain.

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since your planning on bulding up the internals, I would at least get a 57. trim turbo. (for example a Garrett T3/TO4E 57 trim w/ .63 a/r would be a good choice.) I think they can handle up to 500whp which is pleanty. Be sure to add a 3 in down pipe too. Now even though people say its optional, deffinantly get a new clutch (act, excedy...) and pressure plate, injectors (I would get 550cc +) and fuel pump (walbro 255 is perfect)

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ecu should be fine what about waste gate? Or is that internally wastegated turbo?

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/gat357trw63a.html

Correct?
Also where to find a down pipe for this turbo that will bolt straight up? Cause i have had bad problem finding somewhere to make anything for me.

Would any inter cooler piping kit for my car bolt right up this turbo or would it not sit in right position.
I guess that is my biggest concern about piecing one together is how do i know if what im buying is going to bolt right up to this turbo aka inter cooler piping down pipe. Or are they all pretty much same just different turbo? And this is PS/AC compatible turbo right?

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a TD05H-18G kit for my B16 and here's my opinion.

It does retain A/C and P/S, which for some is nice. Instructions are included in the kit.

It has a weak 2" downpipe. 310cc injectors are not an adequate size for boost IMO. The oil feed line draws too much from the engine, and can cause oil starvation. The blue box eManage is crap, it works, but I wouldn't trust it. You still need an intercooler (theirs are expensive as hell) and a BOV.

After replacing/changing/or fixing the problems the kit has out of the box, you would end up spending WAY more than you need to. You can piece together your own setup with reliable name brand components for less than I think you would spend with the Greddy kit to obtain the same performance.

:twocents:

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rc 550's Do i need peak & Hold or saturated and what part number do i need? Injector clips? I plan to run Chipped p28 running chrome or that other program to do it? If anyone can help me round up sites for these parts i am looking trying to find everything to piece together anyone know good site with good price put it up with what it is if you guys dont mind.

So far I have found:

SSQV BOV - Using this on my celica be great for honda to? Let me know what you guys think of these part.
http://www.optionimports.com/hkssusqvblof.html

Down Pipe - Wondering if this will fit D16 says on first page but doesnt on actual page? Anyone know?
http://www.optionimports.com/dociind15d16.html

Turbo Manifold? IF anyone can help me find on that is AC/PS compatible please post link.

Walboro 255LPH
about 89$ with kit? Sound about right?

Turbo Garrett T3/TO4E 57 Trim w/ .63 a/r - Any better price can anyone find it for?
http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/gat357trw63a.html

Oil line feed kit? I dont know where to find oil line feed kit for Aluminum pan? And that will fit with the turbo anyone help me out?

Intercooler and piping? What would you guys suggest?

Anything i left out guys please mention.

Thanks,
Dereck

Last edited:

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Found all this on website is it worth it?

Garrett T3/TO4E 57 trim Garrett T3/TO4E 57 trim
- A/R .63
- Turbine Housing 4 Bolt
$575.00

EG/EK ALUM CNC FMIC KIT EG/EK ALUM CNC FMIC KIT
- BOV flange Greddy
$250.00

Delphi 650CC Delphi 650CC
$285.00

SPoolin 27X6.5X3.5 intercooler SPoolin 27X6.5X3.5 intercooler
$190.00

Tial 38mm Wastegate Tial 38mm Wastegate
- Bar 0.5 (7.25psi)
$225.00

Blox 96-00 Honda Civic rear LCA (Blue) Blox 96-00 Honda Civic rear LCA (Blue)
$90.00

SpoolinPerformance Log Manifold Package deal (B and D series only) SpoolinPerformance Log Manifold Package deal (B and D series only)
- AC Compatible yes
- Downpipe 2.5
- Dumptube Open Atmosphere
- E-cutout Modification no
- Flange T3
- Motor Series D
- Options no
- SpoolinPerformance T-Shirt X-Large
- Tial Wastegate 38MM
- Turbine Housing 4 Bolt
$575.00

Blox 88-00 Honda Civic, 90+ Acura Integra Rear Camber Kit Blox 88-00 Honda Civic, 90+ Acura Integra Rear Camber Kit
$89.00

Blox 96-00 Honda Civic Front camber arms Blox 96-00 Honda Civic Front camber arms
$140.00

Walbro 255 LPH HP fuel pump GSS342 Walbro 255 LPH HP fuel pump GSS342
$95.00

Type-RS Type-RS
$90.00

T3/T04E Oil Feed/Return kit T3/T04E Oil Feed/Return kit
$120.00
Sub-Total: $2,724.00

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good...

you should look into the greddy type s blow off valve instead of the type rs....the type rs is boring and the type s sounds badass !! should be some on ebay...thats where i got mine...and dont go with the knock off version...get one with the greddy sticker on top...

for the turbo....you should get a Holset HX35....there on ebay as well...should find 1 for around 300bucks...they come off of big diesel trucks but they spool very fast....they spool just as fast as the Garrett GT35R turbo and can make around 550whp....they dont start coming alive til around 20psi though :twisted:

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loved my Greddy kit, ran it for about a good five years in the late 90's.

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey thanks guys for helping me with this setup.

Gonna start picking up these parts see if i can get it put together.