Greddy Turbo Kit

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sup guys..im saving up for a gredd turbo kit.. and my question is.. do i need to get it tuned after i put it in... and is it safe wit ma stock motor...heard that u should change to better pistons but i dont if im gunna go through all of that.. and also im thinkin about gettin a push start in... and is that easy and safe to hook up?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greddy kit is esentially a bolt on so no you dont' need to build your motor UNLESS you plan to up the boost, around 8psi is good on stock internals, and you can get it tuned to a point w/ the emanage, now if you get k-pro thats a total diff story

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes you need to get it tuned. no you dont need pistons. push start has absolutely nothing to do with turbo. yes you have a lot of research to do

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
yes you need to get it tuned. no you dont need pistons. push start has absolutely nothing to do with turbo. yes you have a lot of research to do
he didnt say push start had anything to do with turbo he said he wanted to put one in and asked if it was safe and easy to install.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the GReddy kit is intended for stock internals.
just don't stray too far from the 8psi

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t.

I saw one in Honda Tuning, Import Tuner or some mag. An LX coupe. I think like 170 hp but I can't remember if it was on stock internals or not.

Anyways...170 would certainly be entertaining. I wouldn't go trying to pick races against Ram Air T/As with drag radials or anything but still could be fun!