Greddy turbo on my d16y8

Kyle2614

5+ Year Member
I just bought a bolt on greddy turbo kit from their website. It's a 19t turbo.. I am wondering how much horsepower it will add or put me up to on my 2000 d16y8 ex. It has stock internals but I have a skunk2 megapower exhaust. I also have the upgraded intercooler kit.

Thanks

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depends on how many lbs your pushin, if your tuned or just running an fmu.

also if you have upgraded injectors, fuel pump, plugs, wires, waste gate spring etc.

mecolicious

G}{o$T
5+ Year Member
I just bought a bolt on greddy turbo kit from their website. It's a 19t turbo.. I am wondering how much horsepower it will add or put me up to on my 2000 d16y8 ex. It has stock internals but I have a skunk2 megapower exhaust. I also have the upgraded intercooler kit.

Thanks
Did you but a management system? what size injectors? what kind of fuel rail & etc...

Kyle2614

5+ Year Member
stock fuel rail, I think like 310cc or 330cc?? Which ever ones come in the kit, and I'm using E-manage.

Kyle2614

5+ Year Member
im getting it tuned, but i dont really know what the safe amount of boost is on a d16, so i know that will vary the amount of HP by a lot. if anyone could answer that, it would be a good help. everything is stock, ecept for what comes in the kit.

what else for mods(non expensive) should i get to increase the HP even more safely on the stock block?(it only has 90k on it)

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im getting it tuned, but i dont really know what the safe amount of boost is on a d16, so i know that will vary the amount of HP by a lot. if anyone could answer that, it would be a good help. everything is stock, ecept for what comes in the kit.

what else for mods(non expensive) should i get to increase the HP even more safely on the stock block?(it only has 90k on it)
5psi

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The stock D16 is safe to about 250 horsepower, that's a rough estimate of course and that's with a good tune. I would recommend getting at least a new head gasket and some head studs it's gonna cost you about ~$200 for both, and to be even saver get some rods too. Eagle makes some inexpensive connecting rods that are good to about 400whp. Those things will allow you to safely run about 8-12 psi with that turbo, but those 310 cc injectors will probably hold you back a little...
What is your hp goal anyways?