greddy type s

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so why take out one of the springs? does it make the bov louder?

i was thinkin about takin one out on mine...but decided to run both of them and it did fine @ 3psi....now im running 12psi and its still doing fine.....i dont really see a point to takin it out
all I know is that I just finished doing the mod, and now everything is working beautifully.
thanks 2slo4u:D

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem glad it helped

the reason why i/and i know others who took it out is because we were getting surge from the turbo and that was an easy way of fixing it..and it does make the blow off valve sound louder and releases air quicker IMO but doesnt boost creep (on me atleast)

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine did the same thing the other day starting it up for the first time. Rev'd to 4K and got surge big time....So reading this I will take off the top cap and take out the big spring in there right? or the smaller one?

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. I really don't think it matters which one you take out. If you take out the big one, you’re going to have to adjust the nut on top to very hard. If you take out the small one, you won't have to adjust it that much.