The color is 3000k so it should be yellow
But they come out ass sort of a light green Any help

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have been wanting to do this for awhile. do you have yellow lenses? that could make it seem extremely yellow

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is everything installed properly? If so, I would call the company you bought them from before you use them any more than you already have. They may have you return them if it is in fact some sort of defect.

I highly recommend getting rid of them and putting in halogen bulbs as HID's aren't mean to be used in halogen reflector housings.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
I know they arent....but the bulb actualy makes the fogs useful when im in the mountains and hid bulbs dont get as hot as my original one plus it would cost me $40 to buy good bright normal bulbs instead of $35 hid bulbs..my friend this this to is car and they look super good

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i have been wanting to do this for awhile. do you have yellow lenses? that could make it seem extremely yellow
Dude there supposed to be super yellow..something is just wron with my bulbs ill try to get a pic of my friends hid fogs

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the voltage they are getting. i know 3k hids are green at first but go to yellow when they warm up. idk. i always found those to have a hint of green to them but yours do have a bit more, plus they are cheap ebay so who knows

bkjj77

Registered VIP
yah thats true the voltage on these are 35w and my old h3 bulbs were 55w

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your wiring i dont think is made to handle 55, but im saying use a meter and make sure there is no reistance in the circuit. check available voltage at the bulbs and make sure its correct. and if its not, then pm me.

im very good at electrical and currently in classes for specifically electrical for cars. im wondering if your not getting all the power you neeed to get to operating temp. but i have a feeling you just got bad ballasts

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is it bad that i kinda dig the green....

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it bad that i kinda dig the green....
lol i like it too. i like the color it lays on the ground. would look good with some hid headlights with a light blue hint to them. like 8k

bkjj77

Registered VIP

this is how they are wired...i grounded those to black wires like that to hold them together....they work when they arent grounded as long as they are touching...i had to add that circle rind thing because there was no plug like the red wire has

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your wiring might be fine and its just bad ballasts or the ballast could even be perfectly find and thats how they look. ive seen 3k hids look like that before.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yah thats true the voltage on these are 35w and my old h3 bulbs were 55w
The voltage is 35w? You do know that the "w" stands for WATT and not volt right?

You get what you pay for man. You buy the cheapest you can find expect to have the cheapest quality as well. You can't be cheap and picky at the same time.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont think its the voltage, the bulb is set to just that,the first time i tried yellow bulbs on my fog lights they came out green because the yellow fogs had yellow film over it and caused it to turn green, i took off the film and i have clear fogs with yellow hids. my experience is that lense that people put on head lights and fog lights to tint it yellow. but the yellow tint on 3k bulbs give it the doo doo green hue.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well sense you have already returned teh bulbs, wait and try to new ones to see how they look, but as for taking the color off, remove the lenses and soak them in a container of acitone (spelling?) i had headlight lenses that were yellow tinted on the inside, and that eat the stuff right off (only do this on glass lenses though) then i washed them with warm water and dawn, then put them back together.