Greeting Other Honda Drivers.

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, i drive a honda. but i wave at everyone- Honda or not. Just a Alabama thing, i guess. lol

but LUCKILY, the majority of my town's honda's are actually really clean. very low ricer count. lol

snaggle_tooth

There is only one other Honda driver in my town, and well, we are friends already. The majority of vehicles in my town are diesel trucks and american muscle. I am frowned upon but I make the best of it.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
also.. a Honda, especially a Civic is not a 'unique' and/or a sought-after car.
well, the Civics around where I live just have the typical black-housing headlights, IHE, stock paint job, and a bunch of Ebay "jdm" parts... there's nothing 'unique' about that.

it has to be a really Nice car or have nice wheels/paint,etc for me to wave at complete strangers; that's just me.
Just My Opinion.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my girlfriend threw a thumbs up to an older lady driving a stock EP3...her face went from stoic, to angry VERY quickly, then she flicked us off and slammed on her brakes...

she must not get on here often.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Now that I think about it, there isnt a community at all for any kind of car enthusiasts in my area. Its kind of sad. Just like anything else, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I may think Camaro's are better than Mustang's, but Im never going to single a Mustang driver out simply because of the car he drives. Thats just bullshit.

And it happened to me tonight driving home from work. I was SLOWLY passing a modded Mustang GT. I was going like 2mph faster in a 40mph speed zone. I knew it was going to happen before I even got within 100 feet of them.....but I just kept on going. I didnt get 4 feet past him and he just gunned it until he was going about 60....... Yea I was impressed........with his ridiculously small V8 screaming just to get up to speed. Its crazy though because my car isnt even modded, he just thinks he is so badass that he can outrun a stock SOHC Civic, that isnt even racing, in his modded V8 Mustang :roll:

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Vjf, you should encourage the growth of car community spirit in your area and spank his ass next time with some naaaaaaaaaawwssssssssss. Small block v8, meh. =)=)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know you were joking. But I dont street race....nor do I have the money for a nitrous kit. I just find it funny, and sad. I mean I was cruising at a steady speed. But their ego is SOOO huge that they cant have a Honda pass them while commuting on a public road.....OH NO!!!! What will we do?!?!?!?!
I know. We will race him, we outrun him, and then sit there and laugh at him at the next red light. Yea we are cool now.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i flick people off when they try waving at me who the f**k do they think they are waving at me s**t

snaggle_tooth

I have just noticed a drastic decrease in respect for other drivers of the same passion as you. When I bought my first car (87 CRX) other Honda drivers always threw up a wave or something of a nice gesture. And going into the German Automotive scene, they uphold those morals which is something I grew to be fond of. Now with the uprise of teens and the availabilty of "ricer" parts at any given moment all the mutal respect in the scene has been thrown aside.

Hopefully in time things will circle around and the respect will be restored. High hopes, I know.

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Around Charlottesville people in any kind of non stock honda waves at you! Lol For me it's usually some douchebag dude that tries yelling out the window at me... I just throw up the dueces and keep going! Lol

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Around Charlottesville people in any kind of non stock honda waves at you! Lol For me it's usually some douchebag dude that tries yelling out the window at me... I just throw up the dueces and keep going! Lol
maybe they just wanna holla at you :what: you ever think about that. driver mustang saw pretty lady in a civic and just want's to get to know her better :D

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You Get My Heart Racing Like A Turbo Spool, honey Lol

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well im long past my civic days, but i think the waving applies to any group of vehicles. i rarely wave at other diesels because theres lots of kids who have one just because they think theyre cool and dont even know the difference between gas and diesel and probably have no interest in the trucks themselves. the same thing happens with civics im sure. lots of people buy cars already modded and couldnt even tell you what the mods are or what purpose they serve