grinding sound when i let off of the accelerator

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders, bled them. before i did all of that it was making a slight grinding sound only when i let off of the accelerator, whether its in gear or out. then the clutch would not go in. couldnt put it in gear when it was running. and the pedal went to the floor and would not come back up. now ive got the mc and slave fixed, and there is still the grinding sound when i let off of the accelerator and the pedal goes in, and the clutch doesnt. still cant get it into gear. planning on going ahead and dropping the trans. want to know what you guys think it is. im guessing clutch fork and throwout bearing, and hoping its not the any of the gears or inside the trans.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone have any input?

RonJ

Banned
If you are saying the noise is heard when the clutch pedal is down but not up, then the throw out/release bearing is the prime suspect.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the clutch does not dissengage. the pedal goes up and down, the solenoid moves, but i dont the the fork is.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i read:
-grinding noise when letting off the accelerator
-can't get it into gear (no clutch function)

no clutch function is either going to be
bent/broken clutch fork
clutch fork became dismounted
throwout bearing
bad clutch disk and/or pressure plate

before you drop the trans take the slave cyl boot off and try and see if your clutch fork it got knocked loose somehow.
shine a flashlight in there to see if its broken. if the clutch fork looks fine then you may have to drop the trans cause it sounds like there is a problem within the bell housing