Groundcontrol/Koni Yellow Install on EK 3door

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
Groundcontrol/Koni Yellow Install on EK 3door

Hi all, in this part of the world very few people know how to install this setup. The only garage that did this installation is gone to the dumps, they installed this kit on my friend's Mirage and the shock broke off after 100km of running. their answer was "its a cheap alternative to a coilover, very poor in quality". Yeah right !

Could someone please help me out on this installation. I'd rather do it at home than fear my shock to break off and spend another 100$ + shipping on replacements !!

This is my car : 1997 Civic EK 3door hatch with B18C GSR

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to tell you but its kinda hard to explain something technical over the net, but i would try like ask jeeves or something search cuz i know what u mean i live in the us, and its still a pain the ass to get someone to do and job not matter what it be and do it right.

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
thanks guys, if it was a 1-peice coilover its pretty straight forward. but using parts from the stock suspension into this is what im lost about. anyway, lets see what happens :-) Thanks again ...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i thought you couldnt use ground control coilovers with koni yellows... i know they sell a setup where the modified the coilover so its fits the shock, but most cases you cant use ground control with koni yellows

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can use konis with ground controls. Alot of people like this setup from what I've read. Ground control does make you specify what type of shock your using when you buy the coilovers from them. I havent really read anything suggesting that it is a really difficult install but maybe im mistaken.

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
you r right about specifying what kind of shock you use to GC before the order. They ask if its GAB, Koni, KYB, etc ... it does work with Koni's since i've seen a few cars running on this setup.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i thought you couldnt use ground control coilovers with koni yellows... i know they sell a setup where the modified the coilover so its fits the shock, but most cases you cant use ground control with koni yellows
They make koni specific GC's and GC's that fit pretty much everything else..