Growing up....

gripofreality

5+ Year Member
I figure growing up would be a good title since my car has gone a long way since i first got it a year ago... white wax residue... broken headlight nasty and oxidized tail lights... nasty engine sound and look... no sporty look or appealing look at all. Well I've decided to do a few things about it over the year and well im happy so far... i cant think of anything else to do to my car other than HX wheels I want. Well, enough of the talking, Let me know if you guys can picture anything else I could do to my car, so far I can only think of wheels and repaint the wiper arms. Im interested in other CC member's opinions.. Sorry for the mustang in the background its my friends... dont bash LOL.

Before:

After:

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice, i didnt see the before pics but its looks very respectable now at least. it looks adult maintained

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That is one clean coupe, any plans for it?

Get a pant matched si lip.. and lower it.. those are my suggestions

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What did you do to it...it looks completely stock to me...

gripofreality

5+ Year Member
yeah, too bad I dont have a lot of my old pics... i hated them lol... I added a spoiler, exhaust, paint repair, restoration of the engine bay, red out tailights.. before it looked so bad like it was a ghetto dark green civic with like no hubcaps...

my plans for the car is to add some HX wheels, i know they are only 14'' but it seems decent and clean, also i wanted to get some SOHC vtec stickers for the side doors but im only analyzing this because its gonna either look bad or look good.

gripofreality

5+ Year Member
Those were the only old pics I could fine since i deleted most of the others... really did not think my car was worth taking pictures of before...

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why do you think that?
because they were perfectly fine OEM... now it looks like you have 96-98 tails that are trying to look like 99-00 tails...

unless thats what you did? lol

i dont like it... but if you do, that's all that matters.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wait...im confused?

and yes you did ruin your tail lights. should have kept them clear imo

gripofreality

5+ Year Member
well I can remove the red off the tail lights... they are OEM 00 tails, I just wanted to rock the red turn singles for a bit lol... I always thought it actually looks cool... either way, i can always remove em if i feel like it l8r on.. i mean for right now until i do something else to my exterior i figure i leave em on. Like I said I am interested in your opinions, good or bad.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did u add graphic on the car? doesn't make the car looks any better IMO. the car looks very stock. probably look better with SI rims than HX.

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well thats good that you can remove the red... also under your drivers side taillight... what happened there?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I can remove the red off the tail lights... I just wanted to rock em for a bit lol... I always thought it actually looks cool... either way, i can always remove em if i feel like it l8r on.. i mean for right now until i do something else to my exterior i figure i leave em on. Like I said I am interested in your opinions.
If you like em then keep em. Lower it though.

gripofreality

5+ Year Member
well thats good that you can remove the red... also under your drivers side taillight... what happened there?
well when I bought the car it was already worse then what you see in the picture... but its a giant gap I know, it bothers me but I know fixing it will take a lot of cash because its like bent or something idk but I do know its a lot of cash to fix it lol... its not really noticable to someone thats not like a civic expert you know what I mean? good thing is that the passenger side has the same exact thing so at least it matches =)