GSR Build Begins!!

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is what the GSR is going into:

Well guys/gals I just recieved my GSR today. Its a JDM OBD2 GSR long block from a 97 integra. It has 37,900 miles on it and is very clean. Got lots of plans in mind for it and Ill post lots of pics during the build and as I get new stuff. Enjoy!

Here it is on my engine stand:

UPDATE!! 10/6/07
Just received my Edelbrock Victor X Manifold.

UPDATE!! 10/26/07
Just received my Edelbrock 65mm Throttle Body and Skunk 2 Pro Series Cam Gears.

UPDATE!! 11/29/07
Just received my Edelbrock Pro Flo Feul Rail and Blox Fuel Pressure Regulator With Liquid Filled Gauge

UPDATE!! 1-22-08
Not really anything new for the engine but I thought Id post up my new OEM Block Off Plate. It will eventually have 2 Autometer Nexus gauges on each end of the Honda logo. I relocated my CD player and thought the OEM plate would look awesome. Since its not my daily driver, I will be adding some new stuff in the near future.

UPDATE!! 7-2-08
Received my new OEM Type R valve cover precut for my cam gears. It was laser cut be PMP.

UPDATE!! 8-21-08
Received my Skunk 2 Stage 1 Pro Series NA Cams.

Also bought and received my ZEX Dry Nitrous Kit. (Part No 82011)

Just got my ARC Super Intake Chamber in. Next will be the matching ARC Super Induction Box.

Just in is my OBD2 GSR P72 ECU.

Thanks to Jay Jay, I just received my Password:JDM fenders with OEM CTR sidemarkers and wiring harness.

UPDATE!! 10-24-08
Just received my Hasport Shift Linkage:

Moroso Oil Pan:

Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump:

I've also decided to polish some bolts for my valve cover. Check them out:

Also ordered some T1R Titanium Purple lugs and a BLOX Radiator Stay. New lugs are posted at the top of the page and here is my Radiator Stay:

UPDATE!! 1-6-09
I just did a quick mock up of my intake with the new throttle body, f.p.r., fuel rail, and fuel pressure gauge. I still need to get my new injectors but this will give me an idea of what it should look like:

UPDATE!! 1-21-09
I just received my engine paint kit. Its a POR-15 kit. This stuff is amazing! I bought it in normal Aluminum color. Its getting closer!!

UPDATE!! 1-23-09
I just ordered my Skunk 2 Pro Series Valve Springs and Skunk 2 Titanium Retainers.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice man how much did you pay for your engine

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbs up. Clean.

Keep us updated.

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sick, more power for you.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got details on what parts you want to add, hp numbers, psi?

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got details on what parts you want to add, hp numbers, psi?

Im not sure about the psi or anything, but I am adding Arias pistons, Eagle cams, Eagle crank, Supertech valves, ZEX (made by Comp Cams) cams, Zex retainers, ZEX valves...list goes on and on. Hopefully get it done by next spring or summer.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good, cant wait...we still need to meet up lol

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys for the comments. I've already got most of my parts picked out...just gonna have to buy them one or two at a time. I might buy the cams firts...dunno yet

Dre Da Kid

404 THE ATL
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i see you got gsr engine but how you know motor came out from 97 integra. 37,XXX mileages? how you know about this stuff?? i mean the reason i said it because h motor or other jdm business wont tell exact mileages and what year of integra motor came from.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i see you got gsr engine but how you know motor came out from 97 integra. 37,XXX mileages? how you know about this stuff?? i mean the reason i said it because h motor or other jdm business wont tell exact mileages and what year of integra motor came from.
Thats what Steve from H Motors told me. I believe that he told me that this engine was the latest one they had gotten in. Im assuming they checked the mileage before they pulled the engine. I guess he is telling me the truth?? I was just going by what he said. It also is an OBD2 engine and they have to be 96+ dont they?