GSR Leather Seats Fit Ek?

civic_21

5+ Year Member
I have a 97 civic ex and I want to put some leather gsr front seats in.
Will they fit the rails that are in my car or do I need the acura rails for the gsr seats?
If anyone knows pls let me know
THANX

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not direct bolt in as far as i know. Im pretty sure you will have to swap out the rails. I've seen this done many times, so it can be that difficult

civic_21

5+ Year Member
If anyone can confirm what he said it will be greatly appreciated
I really want these seats the guy that has them only has the seats not the rails.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think 3 of the 4 bolts will actually fit.

EM1FTW

5+ Year Member
3 of the 4 fit.
or you can swap the seatrail closest to the shifter on both seats

civic_21

5+ Year Member
Ok i just found out that the guy has the rails but will the rails fit my civic or I will have to drill holes in my car?
Oh ya and what do u mean i can can swap the seatrail closest to the shifter on both seats?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You have to swap the inner rails on both seats to make them fit. DC rails ride about an inch lower than EK rails so your seats will sit kinda crooked but all 4 bolts will line up.

I know for a fact cuz thats what I had to do to make them fit.

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
I swapped the GSR leather seat in my EK Hatch without chaning the rail, It seat well even with just THree Bolt.

honda_hien

5+ Year Member
yea only 3 of the 4 will bolt.. works just fine.. but if you want all 4.. you must change the rails..

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do the swap. Usually the 4th one that doesn't line up is the most important. It's the one the seatbelt is closest to and attached to. Safety first.