GSR on order

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
i dunno...did they put the linkage on right?
check to see if the shifter is original gsr shifter...
sometimes aftermarket shortshifters give this problem..
also make sure u have tranny fluid...
I am not sure if they put it on right.

It is the orignal GSR shifter.

I am pretty sure there is enough tranny fluid.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well linkage is really not hard to put on...
ask them if they used the original b***h pin that was in the linkage or if they used a new one...
i jus know it as the b***h pin because its a b***h to get out..:lol:..but its the shift linkage pin...
sometime when they reuse it..it might pop out but then there supposed to be a cover on it...so that shouldn't happen...
go under the car and find the shift rod and move it back and forth and see where its getting stuck...

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
well linkage is really not hard to put on...
ask them if they used the original b***h pin that was in the linkage or if they used a new one...
i jus know it as the b***h pin because its a b***h to get out..:lol:..but its the shift linkage pin...
sometime when they reuse it..it might pop out but then there supposed to be a cover on it...so that shouldn't happen...
go under the car and find the shift rod and move it back and forth and see where its getting stuck...
I dropped the car off before I read this post so I did not say any of this. He said he was going to put it on the lift to try to figure out the problem.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey as long as they fix it man..don't worry cause since u got it done at a shop they gotta take care of everything anyways..so why even bother doing it urself..:what:..:lol:

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
hey as long as they fix it man..don't worry cause since u got it done at a shop they gotta take care of everything anyways..so why even bother doing it urself..:what:..:lol:
I know I should not worry, I know its going to get fixed I just dont know when.

I talked to the guy I bought the engine from and this is what he said about it:

first thing i would chk is the shifter linkage ,and then the clutch master cyl and slave cyl.

Then he said:

it sounds like it still has air in the clutch line.

I asked him if he thought the tranny was bad and this is what he said:

no because my guy pulls the cases apart and chk's everything before we ship them.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeh if the shop disconnected the clutch line..which they had to...they need to bleed it and refill it..
and if they don't pump out the air then ur clutch will act funny...

shift linkage is what came to my head first as well...

IAS is a good place..i would take their word for it..that they checked ur tranny and everything...

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
oh yeh if the shop disconnected the clutch line..which they had to...they need to bleed it and refill it..
and if they don't pump out the air then ur clutch will act funny...

shift linkage is what came to my head first as well...

IAS is a good place..i would take their word for it..that they checked ur tranny and everything...
They are a good place. I believe them.

I just hope the shop finds the problem and fixes it today. I really want to drive it with no problems.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well..let me ask u this..how did u like the way it drove so far? :lol:

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
well..let me ask u this..how did u like the way it drove so far? :lol:
I loved it :D When I was driving it to the shop I took it to 8,000 rpms ;) I Love the secondaries and I could feel Vtec kick in.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i knowwwwwwwww :D
night and day difference over my old motor..but then i had a y7..:lol:

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i knowwwwwwwww :D
night and day difference over my old motor..but then i had a y7..:lol:
Same with me, My y8 sucked s**t.

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
The shop called me and they said they looked at everything they could and the problem was still there. They said it must me an internal tranny problem :x I called Randy at IAS and he is going to send out another tranny tomorrow to the shop my car is at. When the shop gets the messed up tranny out I need to let Randy know so he can set up a date to get the messed up tranny picked up. This is all free of charge. BIG :thumbs up to IAS.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dawrenn said:
The shop called me and they said they looked at everything they could and the problem was still there. They said it must me an internal tranny problem :x I called Randy at IAS and he is going to send out another tranny tomorrow to the shop my car is at. When the shop gets the messed up tranny out I need to let Randy know so he can set up a date to get the messed up tranny picked up. This is all free of charge. BIG :thumbs up to IAS.
i told u..they take care of business...:thumbs up

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
i told u..they take care of business...:thumbs up
The tranny is shipping out today, Should arrive at the shop sometime tomorrow. I should have my car back no later than Monday.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well think of it this way once u get it back..it's smooth sailing from there..:lol:...
sailing=shfiting..:D

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
well think of it this way once u get it back..it's smooth sailing from there..:lol:...
sailing=shfiting..:D
Randy talked to the owner and they cant give me the money for labor :( but they are going to give me a Brand new clutch for free :D

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man i would be ecstatic with another tranny...most companies don't warranty anything but the block and the head...
the clutch is just a bonus..8)

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
:shockl:

:drool:

thats my f**kin motivation...and thats what im going for..atleast similar numbers...man i can't wait..:D

my jaw dropped also when I saw it
best thing of all its a daily driver