GT35 or GT35R??

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking into some recommended Garrett turbos from some CC members, the 35 is a 52 trim and 35R is 56 Trim. Im trying to just run around 6-10 Lbs of stock motor, until the sumer where im tyring to hit hit 300 whp range with around 10-20lbs off motor. Can anyone help me in that sense to what i should prob stay away from, i dont want a huge turbo that will be to much power, especially cuz I wanna keep my engine for a few months.......and where can i f**kin find a garrett turbo for under a thousand dollars a piece, i cant find anywhere except ebay etc

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You definitely don't need a GT35. Those turbos are capable of massive power, and it will take forever to spool. I would recommend a T3/T4 with a small trim. Plus you can get a brand new T3/T4 50 trim for under $600. Your going to have to build your motor to push 300hp with a SOHC though.

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you are just shooting for 300 hp then a gt28rs would be a good turbo imo.

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want to make 600+whp then a 35r will work great. if you have goals nowhere near there then something smaller is in order.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would say any turbo up to like a gt30 would be good for your goals, anything bigger is like building a beast.

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depending on how much you want to pay, a volvo or saab t3 turbo can be found at any junkyard for cheap:idea:

like everyone has said, you wont need a large turbo with a stock d cuz you will have to rev higher rpms to spool rather than a smaller turbo.

i for one am going to be using a garrett t25 on my stock y7. Why? because its my daily driver and i am looking for a fast spooling turbo with a broad powerband. Only problem with it, is that i will dont have room to grow past 220ish hp...if even that :x

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how bad is the lag on a gt35r? i was thinking of getting one myself.. its either gt30r or gt35r...

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seriously, run a t25. you will need all the torque you can get and i think youd rather be spooled at 4 grand, rather than having your vtec helping you spool at 5-6k lol.

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You will love the respool on a dual ball bearing turbo. On my 35R I never lost more than 4 or 5 lbs between shifts. Its f**kin amazing. Once you spool it, you wont have much of a problem keeping in boost. And for how much boost your running, it should be spooled around 4500 or 5k depending on the tune, but once its spooled, hold on.

I like the idea that someone mentioned about the 28R. that would be a way better bet. ALOT quicker spool and will be good for a while since very little hondas need much more.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha yeah i bought a Garrett T04E t3/t4 with 360 degree bearing upgrade, will that help spool this thing up?