GTA V on PC.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have a situation here. Is anyone going to purchase Grand Theft Auto V on PC? I just picked it up for a friend and ordered it on Amazon Digital. Problem is, he is on Steam and can't get the key to work. Quick searching shows that it needs to be purchase through Steam for it to work on Steam, although it has yet to be 100% confirmed. I have emails out to steam support, amazon support, and rockstar support. I have a very good feeling that I am s**t out of luck in this.

Reason for posting this is to ask if anyone wants to buy the code from me. I will take a loss, at this point with Amazon telling me to pound sand so far and Steam not helping, it is better than nothing. I have the game on PS3 and PS4 and I don't PC game so it is no good to me. Paid $65 after tax and will sell it for $50. No tax and save $10.

Posted this in Off Topic because it really isn't an auto part, physical goods, nor is it a car for sale and off topic is the only section that has any kind of activity anymore outside of the "what exhaust, what swap, or what suspension questions". Will move it to classifieds if people have a problem.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am not sure it is Steam compatible like other Amazon digital downloads.

I see a lot of 1-star reviews for GTA V PC download, including this comment:

"Was not notified in any way by Rockstar that the the retail version would not be steam compatible." :what:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup, thus is my fight right now with Amazon. No where in their description does it say that it will or will not work. I read the comments yesterday and there was only 2 negative and both were from people that couldn't get it to work with their computer not with steam. It was a 4 star rating last night and only had 2 negative and this morning it is down to a 3 star and 29 negative. I am guessing that a LOT of people that preordered it from them are having the same problem I am.

I think I am just stuck with a game that I won't use as I don't PC game. Unless someone wants to pick it up for a deal. I have spread the word here at work and through some other pipe lines but I don't think it will pan out. Most are on steam if they game on PC.

Last edited: