gti vr6 vs. civic gsr

91sib16

5+ Year Member
hey me and my buddy are swaping a vr6 into his vw gti its got 175hp and 175 torque and my other buddy has a civic hatch 1993 with a jdm gsr 180hp and 128 torque with do you think will be faster in the quarter mile or highway pulls??? thanks just want to get some opions before we do the swap.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just swap it and find out

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dunno lol thats a hard one, u gotta do it then race cuz we dunno whos a better driver, i think it would be pretty even but the gti would win in a long run..

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you retarded dave?? why would u even ask that, dont forget ur friends junk weighs 2800 pounds!!!
LSD :-D

vtec95civicsi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
def got to remeber the weight difference. considering the gti weighs over a 1000 pounds more with abouth the same power so its almost clear whos goin to be faster unless the honda has a horrible driver. the torque is whats goin to help the gti but not near enough to beat it. but go figure it out

TRUTH

5+ Year Member
LOL Wierd!!!! A friend of mine had a swapped vr6 into somekinda VW hatchback (dont know too much bout V-dubs) and I whipped his ass on the highway all day long....i drive a stock jdm gsr(b18c) in a 94 hatch but its gutted so.... either way i also just took it to the track this past weekend and i've never raced on a track before plus my camber is ridiculous so i had traction issued but honestly bone stock my car ran a 14.5, anyway i hope that helps... im sure there are better drivers out there so i dont wanna claim that my time was bad ass or anything but it was the best time my car ran.... and i stomp on his vr6 still... hope it helps..

TRUTH

5+ Year Member
LOL but you gotta think... if you asked that same question in a V-dub forum you'd get people saying that they got vr6's that rapes gsr's so.....

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He probably has the VR6 shirrocco(spelling?) and TRUTH is right about that whole forum thing. funny thing is that people hate to hear the truth haha. just go out and do it i guess. just dont kill yourself

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the gti weighs a shti ton i would put my money on the hatch it mite be close depends on driver

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it depends more so on the car's that the motors are being dropped into

a c1 puts out 129lbs of torque, the vr6 is putting out 175lbs
in similar weight chassis, the vr6 will have a good advantage
but thanks to the extra torque from the vr6, weight will matter a little less overall
but the gearing is a little better in the gsr

we either need ALLOT more info, or you need to just do the damn swap, race, and report back

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought that i was about to get rickrolled by biz

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bet is on the VR6....
eh...... I don't know dude. I raced a different gti vr6 with my n/a dohc zc and I won, by very little but I still got him. I'm sure they're capable of whoopin the hell out of me but just not the ones I've ran. The gsr will get him on take off and that's all she wrote. That is if the gsr driver knows wht he's doing.

I'll tell you what tho, on that vid I posted above the vr6 broke his gear box while racing me :lol:

I say tape it ;)

i thought that i was about to get rickrolled by biz
:lol: No, that s**t got old like The Drizzle mom's sour pussy juice

91sib16

5+ Year Member
i mean the gti only weighs 2,500lbs and a hatch weighs 2,150lbs and the got about the same amount of H.P. but the vr6 has 50ft more toruqe than a gsr hatch. we'll deffently race when we get the vr6 in the gti but just want some opions or if anyone has raced one thanks

Hondaz4LYF

5+ Year Member
It really depends on the driver...I've raced an '04 VR6 in one my cousin's turboed B16A Integra once and it was pretty damn close. At first the VR6 gets ahead of you for a bit but once the holy power of the VTAKKK kix in, hes smokedd.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would think the gsr would win considering your friend is a good driver but who knows anything can happen in the streeets.