Gutting interior illegal?

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On Saturday night this guy told me I should tint my back windows because you can get cited for having your interior stripped out. He said it has something to do with cars that street race. I think it was BS. I don't street race and I DON'T want my windows tinted. Am I just worrying about BS some guy fed me?

islander27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i wanna know too since i have mine stripped as well......

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah man....
i stripped out 2 of my buddies cars a couple of weeks ago week....90 si and a 92 si both hatch....
were going to repaint the cars...but were waiting for some material to finish...theve been driving around with nuthing (seriously nothing except the steering wheel and wires) for a while....no complaints

islander27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh ok phew...thanks for the info

Ace$nyper

hmm i've heard from ppl who do inspections its ok but you gotta have as many seats as your car started with unless its like a mini van *cause they have fast release seats for cargo room* but as far as gutting it is ok. just what i've heard from ppl who do it.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think they can nail you for removing the seatbelts, even if there is no seat there. Disabling a safety device. As far as carpet and door panels, not that I know of. If so, I know a guy with a ZX2 that's getting busted. (His P.O.S. door panel just fell off taking the window crank with it one day)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
in PA it's not illegal to strip interior, as long as you have seat belts for the same amount of seat then your fine, but no belts and it's our ass.

Rakurai

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As long as you have enough seatbelts for the seats, its not illegal.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being from Ohio also I have never heard of any such laws and my CRX is gutted. Also the police cant say that every car that is gutted is involved in street racing. Thats like saying every domestic car with 20's and a sound system belong to drug dealers.

Ninefivejiggaja

Milano Em1 Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
88CReXin said:
Being from Ohio also I have never heard of any such laws and my CRX is gutted. Also the police cant say that every car that is gutted is involved in street racing. Thats like saying every domestic car with 20's and a sound system belong to drug dealers.
well the last part is true most of the time

leecruz

Enter the honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It shouldnt be cuz what if your car gets ripped off and they take your entire enterior "what are you supposed to do?" thats all youve gotta tell them but it shouldnt be against the law cuz it doesnt change the way your car would perform if it were in an accident thats stupid if you get pulled over :???:

Cquims

The Master Fabricator
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no!

SpoonFedRexSi said:
On Saturday night this guy told me I should tint my back windows because you can get cited for having your interior stripped out. He said it has something to do with cars that street race. I think it was BS. I don't street race and I DON'T want my windows tinted. Am I just worrying about BS some guy fed me?

No you wont get cited. My mother works for a court house and i have many freinds in the state patrol and they told me everything that was illegal and your car being gutted isnt one of them. so dont worry it aint no thang. you dont even have to have doors in most states or a hood, so i think the car being gutted wont be a problem. just whatch out for emissions tests if your moving.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
werd, just some people are dumb enough to tell other that though is amazing.