H&R Sports

B20Luder

Honda junkie
5+ Year Member
I searched but couldn't find too much on anyone lowered with H&R sport springs.

Basically I can get a set of used H&R Sports for $40 (Canadian lol). Yes to me it is worth it, but here's a couple things I am wondering:

It says they are about a 1.8" front and 1.6" rear drop, but from some reviews I have read people say it actually dropped them more? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am going to be using them with stock struts for now (gross!), and I have heard that it can be really soft. Obviously some stiffer struts would help with this, but for now am I going to be bouncing up and down and rubbing tires or should I be "decent".

Lastly is the height from front to rear. It says that the front drops more, but my Prelude springs said that also and the back rides lower (no sub or anything of the sorts). Right now my back sits a bit lower than the front (no subs or anything again), should I expect the back to sit lower? It's easy for me to have a spacer made up and insert it, but I want to try to stay as low as possible.

Thanks for reading my noob post

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd rather get H&R race springs... but that's just me.

Absolut3Zr0

The Herman Handler
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My brother has had a set of those on his 98 coupe for about 6 years now. Even to this day the car rides smooth. Not as stiff as a race spring, but it helps with the body roll when a certain someone starts playing happy slaps with the steering wheel.

I have never seen get lower since we have had it, its been pretty stable at the original drop. I never measured it so I dont know exactly how much it was, but its not nearly as low as the skunk2 springs on my car. Perfect for someone who wants to add a little more sport into a civic. Disappointing for someone looking for hardcore handling or slamming it to ground level.

As for the shocks/struts we threw on tokico blues and its been the same set ever since. Still rides nice. Not really bouncy at all. Depending on the wheel it might rub, but he had a set of 17x7's and they didnt rub. Ran LS webs, 15x6.5 rota slips and 03 Si wheels and niether of them rubbed at all. I test fitted my 15x8 Rota slips and they only rubbed at full lock so there is plenty of space in there.

I never noticed that the back is sitting lower than the front. The car sits just as it used to, abit lower. Hope this helps.