H22 EK Build Thread - Keeping it Clean for New England

H22 EK

Sup CC, this is what I've got!

Brought it home, Pulled the old h22 out.

Did a black plaid headliner and these door cards today

I want to do the 99-00 front clip on it, because I absolutely hate the 96-98. I'm going to see if I can do some of the body work (hopefully with the help of some friends) and then take it to maaco and have it resprayed NHBP. I'm going to order a 15x6.5 rota slip to match because it only came with 3. For under 2500 bucks I'll have a JDM H22 swapped EK!
Stay tuned

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice. subscribed for the install.

Any plans of using a b series transmission?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad man, cant wait to see the progress...

H22 EK

I do not plan to do the h2b to it. Its already got the cable conversion and I'd have to buy forks + trans + plate. Hoping to have it daily driven by the end of september.

I paid 1000 bucks for the car the way it sits with the swap, tien coil overs, apexi ws2 catback, megan header, hasports... I'll have about 2500 into it once I get the jdm h22 in it, another wheel, a cheap maaco NHBP paint job. The titles clean and its got 66k miles on it.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Northern car ftl. I don't think I'd be so into car's if every choice was rusted as s**t under it. Also Macco paint jobs suck minotaur d**k.

H22 EK

Northern car ftl. I don't think I'd be so into car's if every choice was rusted as s*** under it. Also Macco paint jobs suck minotaur d**k.

You have no idea this is hella clean compared to the rest. The liquid calcium they spray down on the roads in the winter destroys cars. This car has no rust on the rear quarters which was a huge win. I plan on doing rear discs at some point on it or a 5 lug swap. You get what you pay for with Maaco, where I'm going to be doing all the body work and prepping it for paint, all they have to do is spray it. This car is going to be my winter beater, not a show car.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have no idea this is hella clean compared to the rest. The liquid calcium they spray down on the roads in the winter destroys cars. This car has no rust on the rear quarters which was a huge win. I plan on doing rear discs at some point on it or a 5 lug swap. You get what you pay for with Maaco, where I'm going to be doing all the body work and prepping it for paint, all they have to do is spray it. This car is going to be my winter beater, not a show car.
your quarter panels may be fine (for now) but those coilovers, misc. bolts, lca's and everything else is rust induced. Planning for it to be a winter beater is just going to destroy it even quicker. To each their own, but id be concerned with the minor details failing on me due to rust

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your quarter panels may be fine (for now) but those coilovers, misc. bolts, lca's and everything else is rust induced. Planning for it to be a winter beater is just going to destroy it even quicker. To each their own, but id be concerned with the minor details failing on me due to rust
You'd be amazed at how rusty s**t can look before it has any effect on the strength of those pieces. They're designed for that, all those bumps and raised edges. You act like you've never pounded a rusted bolt out after snapping the head off of it. Those things are in there GOOD lol

My first car was a 77 Monte Carlo, never been loved in its life. I beat the hell out of it, it had 10x the rust on it my EF does, and nothing catastrophic EVER happened to it like you're describing. The trans died and because half the body was rust, I just junked it. Lots of those parts are cast cuz Honda makes quality s**t, and you can blast it and repaint it and almost NO metal is gone. It's funny, you non-snow state guys being afraid of a little rust lol

H22 EK

Yeah thats what I'm saying. You think surface rust is serious, you should see 3 year old plow trucks that have holes in the frame. We're not even talking about 60% of the hondas up here with spray foamed quarters to pass inspection

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pounding out old bolts is something i never like to deal with personally, and i dont like rust in general lol. Like i said, to each their own, im not saying the rust is the end of the world, but i wouldn't want it on something that i'd be putting money into.

and i did live in south dakota, ellsworth afb for awhile, so i know about snow and rust....i just hate the s**t. its ugly lol =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pounding out old bolts is something i never like to deal with personally, and i dont like rust in general lol. Like i said, to each their own, im not saying the rust is the end of the world, but i wouldn't want it on something that i'd be putting money into.

and i did live in south dakota, ellsworth afb for awhile, so i know about snow and rust....i just hate the s***. its ugly lol =)
Ugly, absolutely, and I don't think anyone likes it. But it's usually not dangerous. And you're just not going to own any car forever, let alone a Honda with some thin-ass body panels lololol

Yeah, I let the suckers at the shop pound those bolts out most of the time too. Let the guys with the torches and the lift go at it, I'm ill-prepared comparatively speaking ;)

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There are rustier builds on here. I'm just saying I wouldn't own anything rusty personally.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I wouldn't call it "rusted to s**t" lol

H22 EK

shaving the bay and tucking the enginebay fuse panel into the glove box, also sanding it down and respraying the bay metallic purple. Doing a 99-00 Front end on it. Then we start with the CTR goodies.