H22 Fuel Tank

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello everyone... I have brought 95 coupe with a H22a! Its wicked though one question (well two really) I have which I have looked around I can't seem to find. The guy who I brought the car off says, the car needs to stay above half tank! When it goes below half tank its like it is running out of petrol? Starts jerking etc... Problem is that I can only put in about £20 worth of fuel! Which means loads of petrol stops! Anyone know how I could sort this out or explain to me what this is? I have no experience in swaps though know a thing or two about them.

Also how easy is it to get p/s in my car, its getting difficult living in the city & not having it... I miss it dearly... apparently it don't fit? Do I just need a prelude pump & belt?

Cheers

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as for the jerking, the only thing i can think of is your fuel system not delivering enough fuel to the engine causing starvation of fuel. i think that when you swap the h22 in the civic your suppose to upgrade the fuel system and i guess this guy didnt. as for the powersteering, you CAN keep it. there is a kit out there that relocates the pump and lets powersteering work. also... if you have a cx model or the lower end model, try upgradeing your tank size to the SI or the higher end models. i dont know this is all i can think of, i dont own an h22 swapped civic but ive done my reasearch on it. hope my reply helps you a bit.

Abz

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow thanks mate... I've done some research but I've not have enough time lately... I was hoping CC would answer some of my questions... I'll do some more research as I would like to get the pump thing sorted out...plus get p/s - Living in the city its pretty much a nightmare tryna drive round tight bends etc.

Thanks again, much appriciated.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have recently put an h22a in my 93 hatchback, i did not upgrade the fuel system or anything, but when doing h22 swaps you must get a resister box from an integra, civic or a couple other cars or else the car wont run right, but if your cars drive fine until about half tank, that wont be the problem, it sounds the like the fuel pump is struggling when the gas gets too low and it just cant get the gas out of the tank if its not close to full,check into your feul pump.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
np, just trying to help to the best of my knowledge. i know what you mean about powersteering, my car doesnt have powersteering either. gl with everything

Abz

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have recently put an h22a in my 93 hatchback, i did not upgrade the fuel system or anything, but when doing h22 swaps you must get a resister box from an integra, civic or a couple other cars or else the car wont run right, but if your cars drive fine until about half tank, that wont be the problem, it sounds the like the fuel pump is struggling when the gas gets too low and it just cant get the gas out of the tank if its not close to full,check into your feul pump.
How can I check the fuel line? I think the idea of the fuel line not being able to pick up fuel when it is low sounds about right...