H22A vs B18C5 WTF???

GoDave!

100Percen% said:
I posted the same thing as Blazed?
No, I was talking to Slick Rick....

kyle10182 said:
beating an SRT4 off the line is the least impressive thing i've read in this thread. those things are shat off the line. its pretty well known actually. wheelhop > SRT4

I held him off up to 4th gear by over a carlength then shut down. Nobody gained ground post holeshot.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
I held him off up to 4th gear by over a carlength then shut down. Nobody gained ground post holeshot.
Sounds like this srt i raced from around a 20 roll, i pulled on him (probably 2 cars or so) and held there until about 110 (where my fuel cut starts to kick), then he just started pullin on me hard and blew by me... damn gov.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
wait? with an H22?

that sounds like my race when i had a b18c GSR. not type R, GSR. i beat a SRT4 off the line and he caught me a little when the boost started kicking in. Then around 3rd, 4th gear i slowly walked away from him. all the way up until about 120mph.

GoDave!

PhntmSk8r said:
Sounds like this srt i raced from around a 20 roll, i pulled on him (probably 2 cars or so) and held there until about 110 (where my fuel cut starts to kick), then he just started pullin on me hard and blew by me... damn gov.
Yea I had a Jap P13 with a 119mph limit....

2nd went to 80mph
3rd - 112
I'de be in 4th for not even 2 seconds then it cut off.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
Howbout this...stock for stock a Prelude VTEC runs a verrrry similar time than an ITR in a quarter. (like 15.1)
Oh and the Prelude weighs roughly 300lbs (depending on options and such) more than an ITR. So in the SAME chassis. Which has the upper hand????? I'm so sorry that torque actually DOES win this particular race.

:word:

and like i've said, torque gets you off the line quicker and out of the turn faster.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just because its bigger/heavier and has a little more torque. Id rather be revving close to 9k in my civic, same horsepower and bragging rights because its rare and its a TYPE R. Its a drivers race stock for stock and I simply like B series better.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hector said:
tranny:

someone said cable linkange FTL, lol.... whats why you still gota walkman, and im rocking the i-pod. please tell me what the advantage and disadvantages of using either cable or rod linkage set up. how would it effect overall egine performance.

WTF does that mean?

Look, I'm just saying that the shift linkage on an H22 feels like a f**king Paseo or 2nd gen Eclipse, Sloppy and light. Does that make it slower? No. but I have personally broken 2 cables. (Daytona and Prelude) so that is less reliable.

VTEC B-series typically have double cone synchronizers and typically do not have ATTS that I know of So better feel and more reliable

GoDave!

hector said:
:word:

and like i've said, torque gets you off the line quicker and out of the turn faster.
and you still somehow missed the point that you quoted off of me. haha whatever man

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha.. i was agreeing with you, and i was also making a separate statement....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not a huge h22 fan, and yes, the b18c5 is a work of art, but put both motors in the same chassis and the h22 will walk away. It's just more power for the money :what:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
GoDave! said:
Now I know you didn't read all the fantasy land bullshit that Blazed displayed on this thread, hence why you posted the same nonsense, much to my surprise......the exact same wording. But I really don't feel like explaining it AGAIN. So keep dreaming. I'm so sorry that torque actually DOES win this particular race.

again, you're just plain wrong

just because you post the same b.s. info over and over again doesnt make it correct

you're wrong, just learn to cope ;)

yay for bench racing! :thumbdown

GoDave!

$lick Rick said:
again, you're just plain wrong

just because you post the same b.s. info over and over again doesnt make it correct

you're wrong, just learn to cope ;)

yay for bench racing! :thumbdown
haha you're the one who posted the EXACT same words as this other guy, "Blazed" in this thread.......and I'm wrong? Seems like everyone I have talked with on this subject and also on CC agrees with me

See all you can do is sit there and claim that I'm wrong. Go ahead. If sitting their f**king crying in denial means that I'm wrong, then I don't want to be right. Because it is way too comical to miss out on a misinformed and troubled individual such as yourself.:lol:

Oh and I've wanted to say this the entire thread.......
IF IT AIN'T A TYPE-R THEN IT AIN'T A TYTE CAR!

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah.......the H-series trans sucks big balls and the only way i would run an H22 is with the H2B kit so i can run a better trans.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
ah.......the H-series trans sucks big balls and the only way i would run an H22 is with the H2B kit so i can run a better trans.
H2B FTW.

Oh...and there's the matter of trying to stuff an A/C compressor onto an H-swapped Civic too. But that's another story.:lol:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: I have to have AC no two ways about it.

Mugman10

Wouldnt you like to kno
5+ Year Member
i have a h22 civic and my a/c does work and the only reason the p/s doesnt work is because theres a funky pump on the h22 that doesnt have a computer tell it when to shut off and no i have not a single complaint driving it day to day it was the best investment ive ever made (except axle vibration because my car is too low)

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RedLine42 said:
Just because its bigger/heavier and has a little more torque. Id rather be revving close to 9k in my civic, same horsepower and bragging rights because its rare and its a TYPE R. Its a drivers race stock for stock and I simply like B series better.
what do you not get?

a type r is NOT rare.

You seem more like a ricer to me then anything, sorry... why would you want a motor that revs to 9k, when you can get a motor that makes the same power output at a lower rpm? Maybe im just stupid kuz i think that, but whatever.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can rev to whatever you want.. it only helps if your ACTUALLY making power/torque up there. thats why i had asked blazed, when do b18cs stop making power/torque. and yes RedLine42 you do seem like a f**ken ricer.

and Frodo, you're that cat who said "who ever puts 20k into an motor is dumb, its just a car, why would you put soo much money into a car" remeber that? run a better trans???? wtf are you talking about, you mean tranns with shorter ratios. STUPID f**k!