H23A VTEC Blue Top

Montagnard184

Just pulled my built and boosted D16Y8. H23A VTEC going in this week. It was fun, but I wanted a little more. I still have my Turbo components. I can still use many parts to include the T3/T4 Turbonetics Turbo, the intercooler, BOV, wastegate, fuel regulator, and some piping. If I boost later on, I only plan on installing Cometic/ARP combo. How much boost can I take without new internals? Also can I keep my A.C. ? If so, how? Top mounted turbo? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck with it all. Biggest regret of my civic (when I had it) was pulling out the JRSC d16y8 for a H22a. :hmm:

Montagnard184

D16Y8 gone. H23A VTEC Blue Top going in mated to F20B LSD tranny. Hope to be done in 2 days. Shot out to Apocalypse Racing in Temecula, CA.

Montagnard184

OK. All in and prettified. Just redid the valve cover. Just need dyno tune. Lots of torque in my little civic. May need to shorten my right side axle.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Nice. My brother has an Accord and is considering an H23 Bluetop. They can make pretty good power.

If you plan on boosting though, it'd be wise to re-sleeve the block, because they share the same FRM cylinder liners as the H22, which do not hold up to boost.