H4 bulb in a projector healdlight

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is the deal i bought a H4 Hi/lo HID kit from DDM Tuning back in April, And i am considering on buying some projector headlights off of eBay. My question is that will the H4 bulb fit into the projector lights? And if not, could i make them fit or just buy replacement H1 bulbs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-TWO-HALO-CB-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aHondaQ7cModelQ3aCivicQ7cYearQ3a2000QQhashZitem53d9e2bb50QQitemZ360137800528QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2886wt_939

This add states that i can use the original bulbs, that are H4 bulbs then the H4 bulbs should fit

Or should i just stick with my current setup with stock headlights, as I do not have the time to retrofit my headlights.

Opinions welcome, Thanks

zinadinpeterson

Why do you want to blind other drivers see you? Better control of the state DMV and make legal.Another option is to get these special bulbs that have HID and halogen in the same bulb, you can use low-halogen and HID for high beam, not to blind people.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why do you want to blind other drivers see you? Better control of the state DMV and make legal.Another option is to get these special bulbs that have HID and halogen in the same bulb, you can use low-halogen and HID for high beam, not to blind people.
Using the HID's for hi-beam is not a great idea, since HID's do not like to be turned off and on so frequently.

If the OP want's to do a retro fit or use the projects that utilize H1 bulbs, he most certainly can and it WILL NOT be blinding to others if aimed properly. That's the point of using projects, to specifically aim the light on the road and not into the eyes of on coming traffic. Even some automakers OEM HID projectors are blinding! Not just PNP kits!

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah because the US doesn't require self leveling projectors like in europe. so when a car thats not equipped with levelers goes over hills or bumps it can blind oncoming traffic but not as bad as HID in reflector headlights . willowcairns if you have time to install new headlights then you have time to install miromoto mini projectors they bolt rite into your headlights there is no cutting involved it should take you very little time to do no more then a couple hours. http://www.civicforums.com/forums/102-lighting/333932-bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-install.html

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah because the US doesn't require self leveling projectors like in europe. so when a car thats not equipped with levelers goes over hills or bumps it can blind oncoming traffic but not as bad as HID in reflector headlights . willowcairns if you have time to install new headlights then you have time to install miromoto mini projectors they bolt rite into your headlights there is no cutting involved it should take you very little time to do no more then a couple hours. http://www.civicforums.com/forums/102-lighting/333932-bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-install.html
Thanks i had no idea there was a way like this, i figured you would have to cut and do hours of work to retrofit.

I have my lights pointed so it is not blinding other people, but they are still getting the glare from the HID's. But there are glare from every headlight.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah they came up with this because it so hard to retro anything else its nice and easy. the only thing really is leveling the light which is done by turning the projectors nothing really difficult . these are high grade projectors not that ebay stuff that will give you awful light output.

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think i will buy those projectors and take a Saturday and put them in, but will my h4 bulbs fit? It says it comes with an adaptor plate or will i just have to buy H1 bulbs?

jcamb

5+ Year Member
I have halo projector headlights on my 96 and both the projector and the separate highbeam use H1 bulbs. It's a very small thin bulb and the hole i had to fit my hids thru was too small to take them at first...i had to use a drill and bore out the hole to make my H1 hids fit. Im pretty sure the h4 bulbs are much fatter so no i dont think they will fit at all...ever...you can buy a set of HID h1 bulbs at ddmtuning for around 55 bucks including shipping... thats where i got my last set.....they've been great so far.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-Lighting/HID-Kits

use 35W