Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was watching a documentary on it the other night on discovery channel, they're predicting another catastrophic quake within the next 5 years based on the history.

They were also talking about how much the shore line moved so i started looking and found some once sunk boats, now above water, and vice versa.

Heres a link to the boats above water now

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=18.534424,-72.378911&spn=0.000889,0.001206&z=20
Those boats look old, they've probably been sunk for a while. I don't think they would have been affected by the quake anyway.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those boats look old, they've probably been sunk for a while. I don't think they would have been affected by the quake anyway.
Exactly, the boats are OLD.

They've been sunk for awhile, not very far off the shore line, but sunk none the less; they were under water before the earth quake and are now above water.

In an earth quake tectonic plates slide/rise/shift, etc. and the landscape changes. There are also huge sections of reef that are now above water (but the reef doesn't grow above water, only under) and so on. The landscape changed tremendously and the plates moved a surprisingly large amount, amongst the moving the land also swelled upwards.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly, the boats are OLD.

They've been sunk for awhile, not very far off the shore line, but sunk none the less; they were under water before the earth quake and are now above water.

In an earth quake tectonic plates slide/rise/shift, etc. and the landscape changes. There are also huge sections of reef that are now above water (but the reef doesn't grow above water, only under) and so on. The landscape changed tremendously and the plates moved a surprisingly large amount, amongst the moving the land also swelled upwards.
it just doesn't look like that to me because of the old docks they are sitting right next to. I know what you're saying tho.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hope TVs aren't in those shipping containers :(

Talk about a boating nightmare, they are sunken ships EVERYWHERE.

There are shipping containers everywhere as well.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought it was a cargo container too but that darke blue looking towards the bus looks like a windshield.

that crane dock is funny tho. look right below it and there's another dock sitting there just fine and it's connected to small island. :lol:

I hope TVs aren't in those shipping containers :(

Talk about a boating nightmare, they are sunken ships EVERYWHERE.

There are shipping containers everywhere as well.
I don't think there'd be tv's in those containers. I mean, it is haiti.... :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought it was a cargo container too but that darke blue looking towards the bus looks like a windshield.

that crane dock is funny tho. look right below it and there's another dock sitting there just fine and it's connected to small island. :lol:

I don't think there'd be tv's in those containers. I mean, it is haiti.... :lol:
:rolf: No kidding.

I think it's a shipping container, it has the same dimensions.