Half Shaft Wont Go In Tranny All The Way :( PLEASE HELP

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
Ok guys so heres my problem.

I bought a new 95 civic si coupe with an H23A (JDM) motor. I bought the car with a blown tranny, since i could easily replace it.

A friend of mine had, what he told me was, an F23 tranny. I know H and F engines and whatnot are interchangeable but here where my problem came in.

My friend told me the shafts and everything will work perfectly fine with the new tranny, and the passenger side went in and locked without any problems.

However the driver side half shaft goes in about half way and stops. It feels like its hitting something solid. Ive measure the depth of the tranny and the length of the shaft and it seems to be the exact length but it just gets stuck.

Can someone please shed some light on the situation for me. Let me know of any tricks to get it to work or if in fact the half shaft is wrong for the tranny and will not work.

thanks in advance

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
well i managed to get it in i just had to jiggle it like crazy back and forth while smashing it in over and over again

But now i ran into another problem... seems like one of the joints in the tri-joint front the half shaft to the axel has come apart or something, because when i rotate the wheel i can see the joint itself gets pushed out at a certain part. (looks like a wave in the boot while rotating). and cuz of that i cant get the lower bj in.

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
lol glad i could be of service.

do you have any sugesstions on repairing the joint?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well since you were pushing and pulling on it so much you may have disconnected the cv itself. its not hard to do. you can try one of two things. hold one end and see if you can twist the other end until it pops back in or pull the boot off.

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
ill try the twist method. i know if you pull out on the cv too much it will separate and lock up and all u really have to do is rotate and tap it in a few times and everything comes back together.

but this time its only ONE part that is messed up and everything else is fine.