Handling.

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, so the other day I realized there was no snow left on the ground and I decided to slap on my summer rims. Before I tell you what happens when I take corners I will let you know this is the first summer I have had this car. The problem occurs when I am trying to hug apex's as fast as possible and my rear tires break loose like I am driving a bloody S13. I noticed that any corner under 65 kilometers an hour is fine but it is around 70kp/h where the tires loose grip in the back. I have 17" Menzari rims and Lexani N3000 radial tires which grip the road amazingly but I really do not know why this problem occurs? Weight distribution? Too big of rims? Help!

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats your suspension setup?

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tein S.Tech springs on all 4 corners, not sure what kind of struts, strut tower bars in the front and rear.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tein S.Tech springs on all 4 corners, not sure what kind of struts, strut tower bars in the front and rear.
get a rear sway bar, best handling upgrade you can do on a civic. An Integra LS/GSR sway bar will make a good difference, but an ITR 22 or 23mm rear sway bar with urethane bushings and a Sub frame reinforcement kit is an excellent upgrade. Also getting an SI/EX front sway bar and upgrading to Energy Suspension front end links. you will not be disappointed.

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^i need to do that..too expensive for the itr sway and asr subframe kit...340shipped from ebay..

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would anyone know the answer to what the problem is? I am thinking there is just really shitty weight distribution and there is not enough weight on the back tires to perform like the front tires do.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
I had a similar problem today driving in the rain... I think my rear struts are shot and they are bouncing when I hit a bump and im getting squirrely around corners. When I got out of the car I can push the rear down pretty easily