hard steering

eds95gt

my 95 coupe recently started having problems steering, its gotten really hard to steer to the right but steers just fine to the left, its manual steering from factory.i checked to see if it was rubbing, its nearly slammed and 16s n tires usually rub but that aint the problem. i lifted car took wheels off and tried turning but and still having the same issue.....

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Could start working out more lol i dont know wish you luck

James315

i had a 95 coupe and it did the samething except it was when i would turn left aNd for me it was when the tire pressure was low thats my only suggestion lol

eds95gt

lol, nah aint tires tried that already, guessing my rack and pinion may need replacing, almost had accident wasnt able to turn almost ran off the road. its never felt this hard before to turn

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my 95 coupe recently started having problems steering, its gotten really hard to steer to the right but steers just fine to the left, its manual steering from factory.i checked to see if it was rubbing, its nearly slammed and 16s n tires usually rub but that aint the problem. i lifted car took wheels off and tried turning but and still having the same issue.....
have you looked to see if you have worn or binding tie rods?

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check your inner tie rods. Jack the car up and straighten your wheels out. If you can shake the wheel/s, you have bad inner tie rods.
Make sure that steering wheel is locked once the car is in the air otherwise your just turning the wheels, also make sure that the "wiggle" that your getting isnt from your wheel bearing lol that would suck just as much.

also if you have to replace any of your rods, IMO it would be worth it to also spend a few extra bucks and replace your steering rack bushings too.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, nah aint tires tried that already, guessing my rack and pinion may need replacing, almost had accident wasnt able to turn almost ran off the road. its never felt this hard before to turn
also just saw this post, if you end up having to replace the rack and pinion, go ahead and just get the quick ratio steering rack. its not much more then a new stock one and will give you some added turning

unix4linux

Make sure that steering wheel is locked once the car is in the air otherwise your just turning the wheels, also make sure that the "wiggle" that your getting isnt from your wheel bearing lol that would suck just as much.

also if you have to replace any of your rods, IMO it would be worth it to also spend a few extra bucks and replace your steering rack bushings too.
I forgot the extra details but yes, :agreed:

95civicster

check your tire pressure,then check your tie rods, my civicdid the same thing and i changed the tie rods now i can take corners with no problem, and steering is like brand new....... JUST REMEMBER TO GO GET YOUR CAR ALIGNED AFTER INSTALLING THEM