Has anyone replaced the stock head unit yet???

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I have a DVD flip out I want to put in here, has anyone swapped the radios yet? If so where did you get the dash kit and how much was it? How about the wire harness? And how hard was it to do? I saw a kit on Ebay, it looks like you have to use your old climate control knobs and stuff.

Thanks

tim

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i've only seen a few, and they were REALLY custom jobs

have you called any of your local audio shops to see if they sell kits?
if they're avaliable, they'll probably have one

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that looks alot like the peice for the navi equiped cars... I dont like the way the dash looks with the factory CD player, that kit looks good, kinda pricey though but theres alot involved. I'd say give it a shot if you cant find one at a local audio store.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really all you have to do is buy a new face for the thing, basically buy the one made for the navi, and it'll support an aftermarket deck n all that s**t.. .

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
really all you have to do is buy a new face for the thing, basically buy the one made for the navi, and it'll support an aftermarket deck n all that s**t.. .
Ok Ill have to look for one. Anyone know if there is a wire harness out for this car yet?

tim

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm, I can't find a navagation bezel. Maybe I will have to go to the dealer.

tim

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chances are no one has had the time to make the part. Its only been on the market for a short period of time. If you're going to Honda expect to pay out your ass for it... but it will be the best fit and finish which is what I hope you want on that brand spanking new car!

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, I found a site that sells the dash piece that you would need. (with help from someone on 8thgencivic.com)

Click here - HondaPartsDeals.com Dash pieces

77250-SNA-A01ZA 012 PANEL ASSY., CENTER (NAVI) Uh gun metallic $31.62
77250-SNA-A01ZB 012 PANEL ASSY., CENTER (NAVI) Us taupe gun metallic $31.62

I'm guessing that I would need the Uh gun metallic one, taupe is a tan color right? lol.

tim

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just ordered the part. When it comes in I will try to do a how-to on it.

tim

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got the navi dash piece in the mail today. Hopefully I can get the radio in sometime this week.

tim