Hatch rear seats

95civiccx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just got my car back from the stereo place for the 18th time, and everything is finally up to par..... except for my rear seats. it seems they must have taken the seats out or something in order to run the wires. well now the seats are really loose, liek they go up and down with no effort(only a few inches), and it just seem like they forgot to clip somethign in or something. can anyone tell me where all the points that the seat should be clipped in are, if not has anyone had this problem, and how did you fix it?

thanks
mark

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where did you get it installed? I have done a bunch of Honda installs and NEVER had to take out the seats...

Sorry, I don't know how to clip them back in though....Lift it up and look.
If you still can't figure it out, bring it back and tell them to fix it.

Bluedragon

5+ Year Member
The rear seats are usually held in by a couple of 10mm bolts two on each side to attach it to the hinge. The bottom is held on by one bolt in the middle, once you pull that lift up the back and the front comes unclipped. There should be no reason to pull the rear seat in that vehicle.

Jono

5+ Year Member
Can't you bring it back to the store and ask them fix the prob ?....

95civiccx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jono said:
Can't you bring it back to the store and ask them fix the prob ?....
i can but i really have given up hope in thinking that they have any kind of knowledge about cars in general

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sound to me like they didnt know how to take out the back seat and pulled the 2 clips from your seat out the cushion
.. or they might of not put the clips into the holes.. but i would take the seat out and check maybe they just installed it wrong.. but the bolt in the back dosent make that much of a Diff, mine is out and the upper part of the back seat is holding it down

Jono

5+ Year Member
i can but i really have given up hope in thinking that they have any kind of knowledge about cars in general
Hmmm.. Okay, but u still paid for the job they did and they didn't do it the way it was supposed to be done, perfectly.If u don't want them to have anything to do with your car again fix the rear seats yourself.

HyPnOtIk

Vtec Power !!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whoever did that system is a freaking idiot . i have a nice system in my ride and i didnt have to remove the back seats . On almost all cars you dont have to remove the back seats .

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HyPnOtIk said:
whoever did that system is a freaking idiot . i have a nice system in my ride and i didnt have to remove the back seats . On almost all cars you dont have to remove the back seats .
very tru all u gotta do is run it around the seat to the back and when its there pull it from the front and back to tuff it under the seat..

BTW if you wont bring it back to then bring it to Honda or some kinda Import repair shop and send them the bill but i think ud have to bring it back and if they say no then do that..

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
my wires are ran from my deck, under my center consol, under my rear carpet and then up under the middle of the rear seat.... it sounds like they tried doing the same thing but dont know how to put the rear seat in properly.

if done properly it's a great way to run wires.

the wires end up being shorter and dont come close to any of the factory wiring, both of which helps to reduce road noise
you dont HAVE to do it...... but it ends up cleaner if done properly

Last edited:

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
my wires are ran from my deck, under my center consol, under my rear carpet and then up under the middle of the rear seat.... it sounds like they tried doing the same thing but dont know how to put the rear seat in properly.

if done properly it's a great way to run wires.

the wires end up being shorter and dont come close to any of the factory wiring, both of which helps to reduce road noise
you dont HAVE to do it...... but it ends up cleaner if done properly

hell yea, when i got my civic it hada amp hooked up ( i got ex power windows ) to the door speakers and Tweeters on the door.. they didnt know how to hook it up right so they added both + and - to the + on the amp.. i never got time to take out the old wires cuz for some reason my windows were hooked up to the amp.. so far i fixed that and just pulled the fuses out the amp..

AI-Hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are 2 little black clips that are on both outer sides of the rear seats. They look like a U shaped clip that will be pushed onto the metal rod to keep the seat in place. It fills the gap between the panel and the seat edge because when you take the clip off you move the seat towards the outside of the car and then lift up and it comes right out. If the clips are on both sides then take them off and pull the top half of the seat off and you will see a metal A shaped peice sticking up in the middle that the inside of seats slide onto. There should be 2 black plastic peices covering the metal studs that come out to make a snug fit for the hole in the seat to slide onto. Those clips are the probably the reason the seats are loose.

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if these asses cant install a rear seat properly, (which the drummer from def leppard could do, if you know what i mean) then i would be concerned about the quality of the stereo install.... :???: