hatch rear speakers??

REVY

blew up another d15....
5+ Year Member
hey kinda new to the fifth gen hatch, had a 4dr but "parked" it under another car one day so i got a hatch now. anyway i have never seen an eg hatch with rear speakers, anyone know if they had them? or what models they came on? if so or if anyone has any panels with factory rear speaker mounts for sale let me know, sorry if its a dumb question i just haven't been around the hatches since about 4 yrs ago i sold my 89 dx hatch, had to make my own rear speaker mounts on it, tryin to make my 93 a bit more of a show car and rather use rear factory mounts if they exist, so call me a newb if you like, but just looking for some info. someone told me the si models had them but not sure i can trust him, he still thinks honda made the eclipse?!?!?!? lol i think he is beyond half baked. thanks for any help

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine has rear speakers, i have a 95 CX. if your sitting in the back seats, your talking about the ones just to the sides beneath the plastic paneling right? you should have them, i haven't seen a hatch that doesn't their 6 1/2 and you can fit 4 ways back there.

REVY

blew up another d15....
5+ Year Member
i wish mine had them, i pulled all of the panels out to put in sound deadener, and i have nothing, mine is a 93 VX, so it had no options, no power steering, no power windows, not even a/c, but that left me with less stuff to remove, so you say your CX has them, i'll keep that in mind, appreciate the input, again if anyone has some panels for sale let me know

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
mine has rear speakers, i have a 95 CX. if your sitting in the back seats, your talking about the ones just to the sides beneath the plastic paneling right? you should have them, i haven't seen a hatch that doesn't their 6 1/2 and you can fit 4 ways back there.
I wouldnt recommend 4 ways. Id go 2 way, 3 ways max.

3 and 4 ways start getting distorted at high volume. Plus you can barely hear the 3rd and 4th tweeter anyway.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine hatch didn't come with any either. I just ziptied them into position, no one knows it either when they sit back there :cool:

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not the sony's. mine sound awesome, it's my fronts that sound like crap, but their blaupunkt 2 ways.
i'm just waiting for more money to get my wiring kit for my amp so i can hook up my 2 JL 10" in the back.
and try the DIY cargo cover

wdworkman

5+ Year Member
I Installed 2ea 4x6 kenwood in the removeable rear shelf with extra long wire so we can pull out the shelf & speakers and put them on top of the car for parties nice set up Looks good & sounds good
WDW

REVY

blew up another d15....
5+ Year Member
just wondering if anyone has rear speaker panels/mounts for sale? can't seem to find any here in bfe

Z786

5+ Year Member
apparently the wiring for the rear speakers are already tied behind the panel.
i suppose you could just pull out the back armrest panels and use a circular drill or saw to make a hole.. diy it
OR
you could just do the easy and common method of having 6 x 9's in the parcel shelf...
i am planning to go for the parcel shelfs method and il make them detachable using a female phono connector.. and so if i ever need to take out the parcel shelf i can just unplug the 6x9's

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my si hatch didn't come with rear speakers but, i bought a '94 civic si hatch w/ automatic transmission that had rear speakers.

eurotuner008

5+ Year Member
rear spaekerd

yea i had a 92 and i didnt have rear speakers but my friend had a 93 lx and he had rear speakers its not to hard to wire them yourself thats what i did

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have it in my car but they're both blown though lol

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mine has them mounted on the cargo cover....i'll get some pics soon.

I believe the previous owner put them in because I still can see saw dust around the holes when it was cut out to fit the 6X9 speakers...

93eg93

5+ Year Member
That's what I did to my 93 hatch.. I installed 6x9's on the cargo cover. They actually sound better back there because I can hear more base. It was easy.

I've seen the rear panel speaker brackets on hondapartsnow.com . They're not expensive....