Have a question??????

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey CC I just got a 98 Honda civic dx hatch and it doesnt come with a tach (it auto if that matters) I was wondering I know it fits but if I get an ex auto cluster will I be able to read the rpms correctly if I just swap and plug the connectors my car comes with even tho it doesnt come with a tach gauge????? I would really like to know this before I go out and purchase an ex cluster thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, just make sure to get an auto cluster. Otherwise you're gonna have to be looking at the shifter to know which gear you put it in all the time.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wowo really so I dont have other wiring to add or splice? To read the rpms? And yea I have to make sure I get an auto.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So if I purchase this cluster will I be able to read rpms and does it matter that the temp gauge is on the right side with the fuel gauge unlike my factory position?

DO all the connectors fit in properly for plug n play? Do I have to do extra wiring to get proper rpm readings?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its all plug and play... even though your cluster has no tach, the wire is still there.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also, make sure to get something close to your mileage and write down your mileage on the stock cluster and the new cluster before you drive with it, to keep an acurate reading. But if you can find something really close, who cares if its dead on, lol

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
O ok great thanks bro you been a lot of help!!!! NOw a quick question I read somewhere that you can just swap the odometer reading from cluster to cluster... Is this tru? and if so is it worth going thru the the trouble of switching it?

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
O ok great thanks bro you been a lot of help!!!! NOw a quick question I read somewhere that you can just swap the odometer reading from cluster to cluster... Is this tru? and if so is it worth going thru the the trouble of switching it?

Too much trouble and not worth it unless you're trying to sell to someone who's not a honda enthusiast. For your purposes, I say just plug and play and know how many miles are on your motor. For resale purposes, be careful when doing this because its kinda tricky...use the search feature, I know I saw a thread about this before.....

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SO its not worth it to swap out the odometers?? UNless for resale purposes and yea I'll search for it to see what it takes and by being careful you are talking about swapping the odometeres or swapping the clusters out?

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SO its not worth it to swap out the odometers?? UNless for resale purposes and yea I'll search for it to see what it takes and by being careful you are talking about swapping the odometeres or swapping the clusters out?
IMO, I would only set the odometer back for resale purposes to match the mileage on the car (BE CAREFUL WITH THAT). For my own personal use, I would still swap the clusters but not set the odometers back. That's just my opinion but hey, whatever makes you happy =]

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I saw the cluster swap and it had how to swap speedos and it said all I need to do is remove 3 screws and swap speedos but I cant seethe pics lol

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea you can swap the odometer/speedometer gauge from your old cluster into your new cluster. its very very simple. first pop off the clear face piece and the black shroud from the front of the cluster. then pop off the black bezel that goes over the gauges by pulling it toward you (its simply snapped into place, no screws). then take out the 4 screws that hold the speedometer gauge in place on the back of the cluster. swap the new gauge out and put the old one in and reinstall in the reverse order.