Head Gasket????

powerdbyhonda

5+ Year Member
This is Kinda hard to explain..but ill give it a shot..one day i check'd my antifreeze and the radieator was low and same with Overfill...so we filled both of them up and drove it for awhile and the temp started goin up so we checked it agian and the radiator was empty and my overfill was overflowin..would it be the Head gasket???...Anybody know???..thanks guys/..

aznkai

5+ Year Member
My first post hehe :D... anyway i had the same problem with my civic.... all my fluid was being shot into the overflow... one reason could be an air bubble.. if it is, top off ur rad and turn the car on with the rad cap off, it will shoot out a little..... let it run for about 5-10 mins and if its an air bubble it should be released. Another reason could be ur water pump but u would probably notice it... if its a head gasket problem like my civic then that will be difficult to tell.... if ur car is burning white smoke out of the tail pipe or ur oil dip stick smells like coolent then its ur headgasket...... hopefully i helped u a little im new with this whole car stuff lol

forcefanajd

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is Kinda hard to explain..but ill give it a shot..one day i check'd my antifreeze and the radieator was low and same with Overfill...so we filled both of them up and drove it for awhile and the temp started goin up so we checked it agian and the radiator was empty and my overfill was overflowin..would it be the Head gasket???...Anybody know???..thanks guys/..
easiest ways to check for headgasket problem. first look at the oil. if the oil looks muddy then you have water in your oil. you could also start the car up with the radiator cap off and if you see constant bubbles coming out of the water then you most likely have a headgasket problem. if you have one of these problems then id suggest doing a cylinder leak down test and thatll tell you if you need to do the headgasket.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is your thermostat opening? What about the water pump?

KLiK

5+ Year Member
it's head gasket for sure!

ot it might be the head itself if it has broken...