Head swap questions...

Djames93

I have a D15b7 and im wondering if itd be better to swap the head to a D16z6 vtec or a B16 non vtec head or if the B16 would even fit since its a DOHC? Help and reasonings would be grately appreciated thanks.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Answered your own question my friend. B and D, two different animals. Like a Cubs and a Bears.

:edit:

Post from CC store? lol NICE!

Djames93

Yea thats what I thought. So in swapping teh head for a D16z6, would that be worth it to gain the 27 hp? my plan would be to get the head and build it before i swap it on there and then once its on t3t4 turbo it....?

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea thats what I thought. So in swapping teh head for a D16z6, would that be worth it to gain the 27 hp? my plan would be to get the head and build it before i swap it on there and then once its on t3t4 turbo it....?
27hp gain? the Z6 as a whole is 127hp. there are a number of factors as to how much hp gain it will produce. you will not gain 27hp just by bolting the head on

Djames93

well I was just guessing because the D15b7 has about 102 hpp in it and the D16z6 has 127, so I was just figuring about 27? if thats completely wrong id love for someone to tell me a better number becasuse Im just trying to put the fastest engine I can together for my budget at the moment haha

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
In theory, the D15B7 with just a stock Z6 head will have a higher compression ratio. I think it will be around 9.95, whereas the D16Z6 engine makes 9.2, so it should make more power if you use an Si tranny.

Djames93

Oh really? well thats promissing! Would I have to use an Si tranny to get those results or would an Si trannny be manditory for it to work at all?

CO-EM1

2 words........k swap...if u can afford it but d series are just for me anyway they dont cut it these days theyre fun and all but b series will make more power and so will k. its just 2 is better then 1 (dohc v. sohc)

Djames93

I agree but I just cant afford the swap right now lol, so Im trying to beef up this D15b7 to its max. so thats why i was thinkning new head and vtec and turbo haha