head unit stopped working

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so yesterday i was on break at work sitting in my car, listening to music and i pulled my cd player out and moved wires to try to get the cd player to sit in better.

Next thing i kno when i pushed it back in it just shut off.

So far i tried changing the wiring harness to the car, resetting the cd player, and checking for blown fuses in the fuse box.

any ideas or am i going to have to buy a new cd player

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take it to a car audio shop, like a best buy, circuit city or a small-town joint.

we charge like 15 bucks for a benchcheck on a cd player at circuit city... worth it to see whats going on.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, and if you have like a multi-meter or something check your wires make sure youre getting accessory and constant on the correct wires.

or if your harness in your car isnt setting correctly on the plugs, check EVERY fuse in the car. Sometimes the weirdest fuses being blown and cause other electrical parts to fail.

*shrug*, its always hard to diagnose when a cd player just fails out of the blue.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well found out my cd player is fine, i plugged it into my crx.. so should i check for shorts and grounds in my civic(the one where it doesnt work(

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check all the connections...did you tape or crimp?