Header Help please for d16y8

DaLostONE69

5+ Year Member
I was trying to put my exhuast on my car and I noticed that all the original flanges are rusted and corroded. So I decided to hold off untill I can get the parts that I need. So my question is where can I find a decently cheap header from? A friend of mine recommended ebay. Has any one got headers from there if not not where did you get yours from?

Another question: If the outlet of the header is 2" can it still bolt up to a cat that has a 2.50" inlet?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't get an eBay header. I never trust eBay parts unless it's something like a polyurethane front lip (which I have) or something that isn't a vital car component.

If you don't want to spend a lot, get a Megan Racing header. I got mine for $150 shipped off eBay like 3 years ago. It's holding up fine. Definitely rusted from winter salt and looks ugly as s**t from heating up and cooling down so much but that's what you get with SS. You could always wrap it or keep polishing it all the time.

DaLostONE69

5+ Year Member
I wouldn't get an eBay header. I never trust eBay parts unless it's something like a polyurethane front lip (which I have) or something that isn't a vital car component.

If you don't want to spend a lot, get a Megan Racing header. I got mine for $150 shipped off eBay like 3 years ago. It's holding up fine. Definitely rusted from winter salt and looks ugly as s*** from heating up and cooling down so much but that's what you get with SS. You could always wrap it or keep polishing it all the time.
Yeah i was kinda leaning towards megan racing. But at the same time I'mjust trying to find a header I can put on so I can get raid of the exhuast leak I have

EG-CX

i have a greddy header with heat wrap on it and it impressed the hell out of me until i did my swap then had to go with an air mass with california emitions stamp on it. i like it cant really say it impresses me since i did have the greddy one before but it does pretty good try them out i know air mass headers arent that expensive.

ebay engine parts in my opinion are junk and they cant withstand anything i tryed it once and i went over a little snow drift like 5 inches tall) and it broke dont get 1.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
DC Sports.... They make a nice header, I had the ceramic header on my 98 Coupe, and I liked it alot.

radracer

5+ Year Member
i got a dc sport replica from ebay hasnt had an issue with it yet ive had it on for a few years .... i got it from aj_squared on ebay i paid i think was 75 with shipping header and test pipe fitment was perfect

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Spend the money for something at least decent. eBay is junk. Period.

DaLostONE69

5+ Year Member
I'm not really trying to drop that much on headers. I do plan on swapping motors later on. Is there a way to bolt up a header with a 2 inch outlet to a cat with a 2.5 inlet?