Header help

simplycleanej6

I have a slammed 2000 civic ex with d16y8. Any suggestions on headers that won't scrape. I refuse to spend 300 on a header so something less would be nice. Thanks

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Slammed? post some pictures up, you got me interested.
I've been on the search for headers that wrap around the engine tighter for a while, I also made a couple of threads in different forums and no one seems to know of a brand that makes them like we need them. Either you get a custom header or downpipe made, or you raise your engine, or you just keep scraping it until it breaks since they are pretty cheap to replace.
Don't raise your car IMO, there's a lot of 'function' people here who don't like the whole 'slammed/stanced' scene.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
some brands like bisimoto header hugs the block closely but those will run you about $500+. your always gonna have these problems with cheaper header, cheaper header don't have great fitments like that.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want the tightest fitting header for the most clearance, use a STOCK HEADER. Anything aftermarket is bigger regardless of design.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want the tightest fitting header for the most clearance, use a STOCK HEADER. Anything aftermarket is bigger regardless of design.
i agree. The only thng that could fit tighter is a custom job.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
^Well that's only if you have a nice built engine, or at least an engine swap. Picture my little D16y7 with that exhaust.. it'd sound like straight crap lmao.

dancam

Registered VIP
Stick about 8 of these in a row. Nice thing is they are so short you can do corners with em. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455833222.879865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
still a chance that op might already be using stock ones... might just be asking if there is a aftermarket brand that had tighter fitment

simplycleanej6

Slammed? post some pictures up, you got me interested.
I've been on the search for headers that wrap around the engine tighter for a while, I also made a couple of threads in different forums and no one seems to know of a brand that makes them like we need them. Either you get a custom header or downpipe made, or you raise your engine, or you just keep scraping it until it breaks since they are pretty cheap to replace.
Don't raise your car IMO, there's a lot of 'function' people here who don't like the whole 'slammed/stanced' scene.
Well they will just have to get over it. I ain't raising it. It's not even that low. It may not even be something to worry about bro.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I ain't raising it. It's not even that low.
Then you'll be fine. I had a 3" downpipe with my boost setup and only a very small flat spot on it after pulling it years later to part it out.. never affected performance. Also had to deal with speed bumps on campus