Header on Ebay...

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was looking on ebay for a header and there was one that caught my eye.. its "buy it now" price was $18.00..... is that right? shipping was like $65.00 but further down the line i found the same header but the price listed was like $60 or something like that.. i know i prolly shouldnt buy from ebay but i was just looking..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what brand? if its a cheap, no-namer i wouldent buy it.
whats it for, i have a 4th gen Si top half chikira header i dont need i could sell...

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it said DC-S but i dont think it was a DC Sports..i found one of those and the current bid was $87 i think..i wanna get a header pretty soon..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well a lot of time sellers put a low buy it now and jack up shipping cuz shipping wont really be $65 so they just pocket the rest. It might not be a very good part but for $75 it might be worth it, just make sure to check out the seller feedback first.

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
i have an ebay header.....i paid like 85$ for it shipped ....i didnt want to buy an expensive one because i hope to take it off in a year if i ever get up money for a turbo!!!!! ive had mine on for about a month ....no problems at all

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok wow....i just found one that says $6 buy it now....and domestic shipping is $54...lmao

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
crxboy69 said:
it said DC-S but i dont think it was a DC Sports..i found one of those and the current bid was $87 i think..i wanna get a header pretty soon..
i think thats the one i got ...it said DC-S when i got it......but like i said i have had no problems with mine.......but if its gonna be on there for a long time ....id spend the extra money and get a better quality name brand

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best bet would to get one from a site other than ebay, try tuner sports, if you PM jay jay you can get a discount.

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t i wish but i dont have that kinda money...lol i wanna swap... but thats a lot of money too..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all it is is a piece of steel, it really shouldn't cost very much... prices just get jacked really high because suckers like us will buy them

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
FerioSpeed said:
all it is is a piece of steel, it really shouldn't cost very much... prices just get jacked really high because suckers like us will buy them
i agree but some people say that the welds are not as good as the name brand ones.....but again i paid 85$ shipped and im happy with mine

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have had to dc sport headers break one me. ANd I have a ebay megan racer header that is still looking good. Any header can break...

Millhouse609

Blowin s**t up
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my opinion is they suck. the welding probably isn't good and will rust or break a heck lot sooner then on one you would spend money on. just wait alittle longer and save up for some real dc headers

RKSskier

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am thinking about getting an ebay header too, let me know how it goes.

In theory how hard is it for these no name brands to copy the design of a name brand header like dc. I mean if they use the same steel, gett the inner diameter the same and the same shape of the tubing on the inside the same, then they should give the same gains as one like dc. Now i realize they may use cheaper materials or welds that are not as good, but really for the most part steel is strong, and welding really doesnt seem to be too hard to do a decent job of.

I dont know, just my thoughts on an ebay header, so far it seems that people that have them seem to not have any more probs than people with name brand ones

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you buy a name brand header you are paying for the name and the research that went into testing the part on different applications. No name brands just copy these same models so they don't have any research costs. The name brand will almost ALWAYS have better quality control too.

It's a gamble, on some parts you will get what you pay for....others you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you spent the extra 300 bucks.