Header Prices...

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i bought a dc because i heard mixed reviews and felt ok buying one from summitracing, it came with a warrenty. i have a d15b.....jdm 3-stage, and i'm going to build it to take boost. people dont feel that i made a wise investment but ITS MY MONEY! gtfo my back. geez.

i'm putting my money into quality that i HOPE will be returned when it gets to the breaking point.

when the rubber meets the road, its all about what THE BUYER wants, no matter if ebay or name brand, cheap or expensive.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just because SOME $300 headers rust and fall apart does not mean that ALL $300 headers rust and fall apart..

Just because SOME no name header off of ebay works well.. does NOT mean that all will..

you have had the thing on your car for what.. a week? a month? get back to me towards the end of the year and tell me how its holding up...

lastly.. as others have already pointed out.. making the engine breathe better does help increase the motors ability to work.. but at the end of the day tiny (relative to larger displacement motors) motors really just don't see the kind of real world benefits from simple bolt ons.. if you are going to push the performance in these cars its going to happen from lots of money time and effort.. turbo.. nitrous.. cams.. etc..

Its cool to work on your car.. buy what you want.. etc.. but making the $60 header you got off of ebay sound like something that is going to increase real world performance is not, as it simply will not produce numbers that will be noticeable..

not being a d**k just trying to be honest..

GoFast

5+ Year Member
you have had the thing on your car for what.. a week? a month? get back to me towards the end of the year and tell me how its holding up...
I have had a cheep ebay header on my car for about 4 years and put 50,000+ miles on it with no problems what so ever. Also all the welds look smooth it was portmatched when I got it and has thick flanges that havent leaked once, The best $47 dollars spent.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had a cheep ebay header on my car for about 4 years and put 50,000+ miles on it with no problems what so ever. Also all the welds look smooth it was portmatched when I got it and has thick flanges that havent leaked once, The best $47 dollars spent.
Just because SOME no name header off of ebay works well.. does NOT mean that all will..
;)

the problem with cheap s**t is NORMALLY lack in quality control... the day your header was made was a good day at the sweat shop.. materials happen to be good.. things worked out..

having done the Honda thing for over a decade i have seen a HUGE extreme when it comes to quality of parts.. i have seen some pretty expensive s**t just fall apart.. and have seen cheap s**t work well.. BUT for the MOST part.. you get what you pay for..

AE Motoring

5+ Year Member
i think u got a good deal, for a motor thats not gonna see crazy high HP or a big build, then yea you got a great deal for just regular driving, but if your gonna do a big on a b series then i would a go with a race header.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with Bio and OC..

now to threadjack:

what im wondering is why Zeroreboot is getting a fuel rail and regulator when he is completely stock.
I didn't include the fact that I had a CAI, exhaust and a Y8 manifold installed with an AEM fuel rail and regulator coming in the mail.

OE rails can hold up to 500 hp, and you adjusting fuel pressure when its not needed will cause you problems down the road.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

now to threadjack:

what im wondering is why Zeroreboot is getting a fuel rail and regulator when he is completely stock.
I didn't include the fact that I had a CAI, exhaust and a Y8 manifold installed with an AEM fuel rail and regulator coming in the mail.

OE rails can hold up to 500 hp, and you adjusting fuel pressure when its not needed will cause you problems down the road.
i read the first sentence there and then all i heard in my head was blah blah blah..there is ONE lesson i learned in my time with the honda... and that is take all the little BS you plan to buy that you dont need.. and bank that money.... THEN make a play for real performance items that will actually make a difference... once you do that.. THEN you may actually need things like a FPR.. i had one.. but i had one because i had a massive fuel pump..

civic0918

Registered VIP
i found a dc sports header 4-2-1 for $50 used but looks good. Is it worth that much and how much power will i get from it? It goes on a d16y8 motor..

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$50 for a DC header is good, since they sell for over $300 brand new. As long as its not rusted to s**t (like most DC headers do), then its a good deal. On a D16, you'll get maybe 0.5hp if your lucky.

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor

now to threadjack:

Because I'm doing all the basics that are on the cheap end right now, while I save up for a turbo, so that when I get the kit, it'll be minimal installation, effort and money.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
megan header. $150 on ebay
good quality, good welds, good fitment

/thread