1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Header ?

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by Jimmy Brown, Jul 15, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

?

Will header off a 93 fit my 97

1. Any

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Other options

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jimmy Brown

Jimmy Brown New Member

I have a 93 with after market header I'm wondering if it'll fit
    My 97 civic

2. ctag

ctag fill it with wires! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

... what model engines? If they're both D-series then I'd hazard a guess of maybe. Even if it bolts to the exhaust studs, it might not fit or reach the flange on the rest of the exhaust.

3. Jimmy Brown

Jimmy Brown New Member

D16y7 and d16y5

4. ctag

ctag fill it with wires! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I think it'll work, can't say for sure though.

5. Drakon543

Drakon543 New Member

Depending on the brand and style of both. Looking over some options it appears at minimum it will bolt to the engine but you may need to play around with the rest to get it to match up. The 92-95 appears to have 2 different 1.6 engines. The headers from various brands all fit the 92-95 but they also show a listing for a fitment for 93-2000. Both show the 1.6 but don't give specifics.

6. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Not for US spec, there is only one 1.6 motor for the 5th gen Civic,d16z6, all other models will have a 1.5 variant.
    Regardless, all 92-00 Civic exhaust manifolds will bolt up and interchange, it's the placement of the catalytic converter on the 96-00 Cx/Lx/Dx/ and Hx models that you will have to factor in. With those, you'll need a new catalytic converter placed farther downstream.