Headers? Exhaust?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Unless you get a 4-2-1 header, youre really not going to see much of a difference. The runner specs and tube diameters for the stock vs. aftermarket short-runner 4-1 headers are so similar that a dyno probably wont even see anything. If you still want to get a 4-1 header for looks, get a USED header, I got my DC ceramic coated header for like $100 and I love it. Go on youtube and check out different exhausts and mufflers, no one here can describe what you want.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ive been doing that for the longest time...where i live theres no used stuff, the $$ i spend on shipping or going somewhere i can get a new one...wut the 4-2-1 header? how does it work?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The header runners are longer, it will give you some high end power, but steal some low end power. Its on procivic.com, I think DC made it :what:, and it cost like $400 :shock:.

jdrames

5+ Year Member
Check out posts at http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=151045
Full setup was a little over $600. Despite it being a LX to EX all the parts would be the same.
And the exhaust system actually came with a silencer installed (i wasn't looking for a huge amount of noise either, that's what i have the Z for) so it was just as quiet as the stock. All stainless steal underneath. But I'm new to the civic front, just figured I'd toss in my opinion specially if you plan on keeping your car legal. Of course if you live in a CARB state go with DC-Sports headers as they are the only ones i know of that are CARB legal.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugen header and buddy club exhaust