Headers!!!

rockyflip

5+ Year Member
I want to change the headers but dont really want to replace the head gaskets??which headers do you guys recommend on a d16y5 2000 civic hx?I was thinking of putting dc headers in but dont know if i have to change the gaskets either.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh god... put on your flame resistant suit...

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
oh god... put on your flame resistant suit...
hahah
I like how he put a million exclamation marks at the end too...

DC is good for its price.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want to change the headers but dont really want to replace the head gaskets??which headers do you guys recommend on a d16y5 2000 civic hx?I was thinking of putting dc headers in but dont know if i have to change the gaskets either.
uh dude first off like the guys above said, its not plural. Its "header" not headers, us civic drivers only have one exhaust manifold unless your someone who dropped a j series v6 into your car.
But none the less your talking about an hx engine, why do you wanna try and get power out of a engine only made to get good gas mileage and only that?
And btw whoever told you that you gotta change your head gasket (once again not plural) to swap out your stock exhaust manifold for an aftermarket header is an idiot, im sorry. The only thing you gotta change is the exhaust manifold gasket and most aftermarket header's come with them.
Even if you say buy a really good header your not gonna even notice a difference except maybe your car will be louder. Put the money to good use like suspension or rims and be happy your getting like 40+ mpgs
just my .02

silverdino

5+ Year Member
my advice to you is to not do any bolt ons to your car because youre driving an hx!! its not worth it =)

rockyflip

5+ Year Member
uh dude first off like the guys above said, its not plural. Its "header" not headers, us civic drivers only have one exhaust manifold unless your someone who dropped a j series v6 into your car.
But none the less your talking about an hx engine, why do you wanna try and get power out of a engine only made to get good gas mileage and only that?
And btw whoever told you that you gotta change your head gasket (once again not plural) to swap out your stock exhaust manifold for an aftermarket header is an idiot, im sorry. The only thing you gotta change is the exhaust manifold gasket and most aftermarket header's come with them.
Even if you say buy a really good header your not gonna even notice a difference except maybe your car will be louder. Put the money to good use like suspension or rims and be happy your getting like 40+ mpgs
just my .02
Thanks for your 2cents brah....I will definetly put the money into good use such as suspension and rims etc.....

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
eh... maybe you should do some more research and get someone to help you before you do anything to your car.

A head gasket has nothing to do with your exhaust, so wherever you got that information from isn't a good source.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A head gasket has nothing to do with your exhaust, so wherever you got that information from isn't a good source.
i was wondering how long i had to read before someone paid attention to that.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first of all, you drive a 4 banger so theres only one header. secondly, changing the header is not going to give you any noticable performance gains and will probably just be a waste of your money. buy some nice wheels instead, or as most of the people on here will tell you, get a nice suspension set up

juxstapo

5+ Year Member
Buy a book...

Not trying a hateful jackass, just... seriously, buy a book.

No shame in being uninformed, just in staying that way. Ish, I'm 25, been working on or helping to work on motors since I was 11, and I just got a moderately workable grasp of EFI tuning a couple of years ago.

Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima is a good read. Its written for average joes' who haven't been to tech school and I found Kojima's tone fun. Starts with basic four stroke theory (which is needed here I feel), and ends with power adders. With all bookoo's of mods in between.

Aaron Bonk plopped out Honda Engine Swaps, which will make you feel bad about any single cam, good info if you already know about cars.

learn stuff

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Please dont add a header to a Y5.....

You should be more worried about your o2 sensor failing than adding a header to a car with great gas mileage.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save your money! theres a reason why you're slow. GAS you're trying to save gas. 45mpg will become 35 easy with bolt ons.

9EK8

5+ Year Member
just cause its an hx dont mean any thing my bro had oone with greddy sp header evo 2 cat back and hondata s100 chipp we were stompin integras left and right lol. but u dont have to replace the gasket but its better to replace it or u can be like me with a little exhaust leak:(

Omegastorm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow just read a manual like haynes and read it again then one more time for good measure. look into a swap and before you do that read the manual one more time then use the searh button throughly and do a swap B or H whatever floats your boat

you dont have to hange your head gasket just your exhaust manifold gasket

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just cause its an hx dont mean any thing my bro had oone with greddy sp header evo 2 cat back and hondata s100 chipp we were stompin integras left and right lol. but u dont have to replace the gasket but its better to replace it or u can be like me with a little exhaust leak:(
No, you weren't.

OP: Get a bisi header.