Headlight Care

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
I just got some new CTR headlights and I want to keep them looking as new as possible. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on products they use or, possibly, avoid and what's yielded the best results. Thanks in advance.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that ice spray wax works wonders....

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can put rain x on them just the way you would do the windows

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clean them up by hand with rubbing compound, and a GOOD wax then have clear bra put on them. You can replace the clear bra every few years once it starts getting pitted up/faded, and it'll keep the plastic under it mint shape.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i was thinking about it...what about Lamin-x just over the headlights?

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
To those of you who recommended wax, do you think I should wait (since they are BRAND new) or do it right away? I read somewhere that new polycarbonate headlight lenses have some sort of coating that's supposed to last a little while. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, I just want to prolong the life of these things because my OEM headlights came off looking like s**t.

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
I use Crystal View. http://www.myheadlight.com/ Found at walmart $20.

Works pretty well. I used it on my brother's 92" E36. Made the headlights looks 500% better.

Just use this when your headlights are crappy already. Its basically some sand paper, and sealant that fills up the tiny scratches.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont use clear bra...
that s**t sucks.
and yes wax them right away to protect them...